LOOKING FOR APP: Find person at mall or concert

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for an app that I can install on my phone and my girlfriend's phone that will tell us where the other is. Perhaps with arrows that point to the other person's direction.

I think i saw this months ago but I never thought I would need it until now. The holidays are coming up and we'll be spending time Christmas shopping at malls and other stores. I'm sure GPS will be affected if we're indoors but I'm hoping there's something out there. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
you can't call or text her and ask where is she?

I think the easiest is google latitude. I'm not sure about how accurate it will be to locate the a person in aexact location, it more of a "ballpark" point.

But if your trying to get "cheaters" and put a leash on her then dont forget the other user can select a location that they are not really at.

i have to play devil advocate sometimes.

whipstitch

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If you touch the gps pointer in Google Maps, a "My Location" box pops up. You can click on "My Location" and a menu pops up with share as a choice.

From there you can email or text your gps location to someone and when they click on the link they received, google maps opens up with a pointer to your location. Works great!

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Wow.

I hate to explain just to get some leads.
I'm planning on buying a ring for my girlfriend. I don't want her sneaking up on me and finding out.
Something directional with distance is needed.
Thanks for those helping. Not so much to those that have to question why.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't take the name of this app the wrong way, but it does sound like it offers what you're looking for: Amber Child Tracking. It lets you find the person being tracked in real time, has geo fence, breadcrumb trail and location history.