I've been customizing my Verizon Fascinate with LP and other goodies thanks to the great folks here that have helped with rooting etc.

My problem is this:

When I try to change a shortcut on the dock icons, when I select Launcher Pro Shortcuts, the screen remains blank.

Here are a few screenshots to show it.

Thanks!

I'm a noob here but love this place.

Mark
    10-28-2010 08:03 PM
    A lot of folks with all kinds of devices use LauncherPro, so Im going to move this to the Applications forum so you can get some more eyes on this thread.
    Facing the Giants likes this.
    10-28-2010 08:50 PM
    Here's the screen shot showing what I was trying to select,

NOTE This happens when I try to assign a DOCKING Shortcut. I can add a home screen LP widget or any other widget fine.

When I do try to add the LP Shortcuts, that's when the screen goes blank. I suspect that something got hosed up by me, just don't know where to look.

Another thing is that when trying to assign a dock app/function to certain functions such as contacts, it says, "Cannot Launch the Requested Activity"

I can change the icon to a custom one but the function itself doesn't work. I removed LP Plus and re installed it. Still didn't help.

I've looked extensively in Root Explorer and ensured that any files that appeared critical were not renamed to .old

The phone is rooted.

If it makes any difference, I recently also lost my stock calculator app and can't find that anywhere. Not that it was awesome but I'd like to at least get it back.

Perhaps there's a way for a noob like me to find out what's essential for the phone to operate and just replace those files?
    10-28-2010 09:10 PM
    When I do try to add the LP Shortcuts, that's when the screen goes blank. I suspect that something got hosed up by me, just don't know where to look.

The phone is rooted.

If it makes any difference, I recently also lost my stock calculator app and can't find that anywhere. Not that it was awesome but I'd like to at least get it back.

Perhaps there's a way for a noob like me to find out what's essential for the phone to operate and just replace those files?
    I had to bold the relevant part. When you long-press the icon on the dock and choose to change the shortcut there, are you actually choosing "LauncherPro Shortcuts"? Because that's an entirely different bag of beans from trying to launch an app with that. As for choosing applications? Fede thought it'd be smart to use his own custom method of dredging up installed apps instead of using the one that comes with Android, and it's not perfect.
    10-28-2010 10:10 PM
    Thanks for the reply,

If you see the pic I added in the 2nd post, it shows how I was trying to select and chose a LP Shortcut for the Dock. I had the phone all setup yesterday and for whatever reason, it stopped working properly.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you should be able to fully customize your LP Docking icons and their "tasks" I used custom icons for some of my apps. That works fine.

I noticed yesterday it was taking increasingly long to pull up the LP Shortcut window, now even when I try to refresh the screen, nothing happens.

I'm sure I did something to screw it up, just not sure what I did.

Hope I don't have to start over from square one again.
    10-28-2010 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD