I tried out winamp to see if it was a better solution to music playing on my Evo. Im very dissapointed in the stock music player btw, mainly integration with navigation and calling. When navigation interrupts the music it does not resume play, same with if you get a phone call. Then when you press play to resume it starts the song over again...this is all unacceptable in my book. Pandora does all these things extremely well on android...however, it does not have lockscreen controls.

On to winamp, well, not much to say here except crap. The first thing I tried to test its integration was place a call with my bluetooth speakerphone. Pressed the button to voice dial, and.....started playing music through the bluetooth speakerphone instead! Did not even test it out any further than that as that is a dealbreaker right there.

Anyone have a suggestion for a player with those features?
    recap
    -lockscreen controls
    -pause for nav and resume on completion
    10-29-2010 10:19 AM
    You should look into mixzing...will pause on nav and resume, plus a ton of other features. I believe lock screen controls are only available on the paid version, though.
    10-29-2010 10:54 AM
    I was excited about winamp as well, until I realized there's no OSX application. For now, I vote doubletwist -- kludgy, but works.
    10-29-2010 01:10 PM
    I tried out winamp to see if it was a better solution to music playing on my Evo. Im very dissapointed in the stock music player btw, mainly integration with navigation and calling. When navigation interrupts the music it does not resume play, same with if you get a phone call. Then when you press play to resume it starts the song over again...this is all unacceptable in my book. Pandora does all these things extremely well on android...however, it does not have lockscreen controls.

On to winamp, well, not much to say here except crap. The first thing I tried to test its integration was place a call with my bluetooth speakerphone. Pressed the button to voice dial, and.....started playing music through the bluetooth speakerphone instead! Did not even test it out any further than that as that is a dealbreaker right there.

Anyone have a suggestion for a player with those features?
    recap
    -lockscreen controls
    -pause for nav and resume on completion

go into the options of the bluetooth device and un select media and this problem goes away. i use winamp and when i go to make a phone call the music pauses, then picks right back up when i'm done.
    10-29-2010 01:51 PM
    go into the options of the bluetooth device and un select media and this problem goes away. i use winamp and when i go to make a phone call the music pauses, then picks right back up when i'm done.
    Checked that out, its only setup for phone, nothing to uncheck. Its just a standalone BT speakerphone that clips onto visor not a builtin car system.
    10-29-2010 02:13 PM
    Checked that out, its only setup for phone, nothing to uncheck. Its just a standalone BT speakerphone that clips onto visor not a builtin car system.
    hmm, i'm using a motorola t501 i think, and its a standalone bt speakerphone as well. i had to go into wireless, then bluetooth settings with the device paired. then i held down on the bluetooth device and a new menu popped up, i hit options, and the media option showed up there. no luck with that either? hmmmm
    10-29-2010 02:15 PM
    winamp was only cool 10 years ago because that was the only real option for playing music.
    10-29-2010 06:56 PM
    agreed...it was a slick interface...but I was really excited about syncing all wifi and junk....didn't work as easy as advertised!
    10-29-2010 07:46 PM
    Well winamp on my Sprint Hero works great. Pauses when i get a call and resumes from where it left off. Have not tried it while in bluetooth.
    Thing that sucks for me is.....can not get it to sync with my laptop. Tried WIFI and via USB nothing. The winamp version on my laptop never discovers my phone.
    10-29-2010 09:14 PM
    Well winamp on my Sprint Hero works great. Pauses when i get a call and resumes from where it left off. Have not tried it while in bluetooth.
    Thing that sucks for me is.....can not get it to sync with my laptop. Tried WIFI and via USB nothing. The winamp version on my laptop never discovers my phone.
    Are you using the 5.59 Beta? 5.58 doesn't support syncing with Android.
    10-29-2010 09:30 PM
    Try lithium music player its not free but the interface is awesome and has lockscreen controls. Also has a id3 tag editor too and will search for album art as well by far the best interface and extremely polished.
    10-30-2010 01:39 AM
    Are you using the 5.59 Beta? 5.58 doesn't support syncing with Android.
    Yup 5.59 with wifi and 5.58 with usb just won't discover my device.
    10-30-2010 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD