Im in need of some type of app that i can log my daily expenses and have it calculate withdrawals and such from a simulated checking account. as a former Sidekick user i used and app called MoneyClip which worked great. Then moving to the Blackberry i used and app called Ascendo Money. This app was perfect cause you could add categories, sub categories, payees, multiple accounts, etc. So far the only app that has gotten my attention (from the searches ive done on these forums and testing multiple apps) was ibear Money. I really like the app, but one thing it made a big mistake was future entries. i know when im goin to get paid 3 days before i get my check and the amount. when entering this in ibear money it doesnt show your current balance and your future balance. Ascendo money did these calculations well. also ibear money confused itself when i made the future entries by miscalculating. what i mean by this is before i made the future entries, my account was correct. when i made the future entries it showed what my account would be once i was paid. then when i started to make entries between the last post date and the future one, the app got confused and miscalculated (even after i deleted all entries from the last post forward). so instead of deleting all the entries and starting over im tryin to get opinions on users from the forums to see which app is similar to what ive come from as far as Ascendo Money.
    10-29-2010 10:53 AM
    So... you're looking for a checkbook ledger? That's what I think I get out of your post, but I'm not Mr. Finance. Anyway, I use Loot as my checkbook ledger, and it works real well. It's simple, and gets the job done, but also handles repeating transactions pretty well.
    10-29-2010 05:45 PM
    AnMoney - works just like Quicken. You can set up an expense account and track in/out that way.
    10-31-2010 11:20 AM
    I use mooLa! it works great for me.
    10-31-2010 02:39 PM
    Thanks to all that replied. I've tried out a few and so far easymoney looks promising. I'm going to try anmoney and see how that works.
    11-01-2010 08:33 PM
    I looked at bunches of them. If you are a HanDBase user, you can design an application to track this yourself. Of the money things with Android, I ended up with AnMoney and am very pleased. It is exceedingly well supported.
    11-02-2010 01:28 AM
    Mac20, I looks like you and I are seriously in the same situation. I came from the Blackberry side as well AND religiously used Ascendo Money. Hands down, the best Finance Manager. I went to the iPhone and found PocketMoney. It's as close to Ascendo Money as it can get. The interface was slightly different, but other than that, it functioned exactly the same. Now I'm on a G2 and I can't find a good Finance Manager. I feel like I have tried them all. I settled on Loot, but I have to say I'm not really impressed with it.

I know Catamount is working on PocketMoney for Android since I saw on their forum that they are in Beta2 with it. If and when it comes out, it should fill a very big void in the Android line-up. I just hope they keep it the same or very similar to their iPhone offering.
    11-06-2010 10:58 AM