Need an app to change outgoing number.

BrickAlley

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am using a RingCentral 800# for my business lines and when I retrieve a voicemail message from my personal cell phone I need a way to call the customer back without my cell number showing.

I realize that I can obscure my cell number, but lot's of people will not answer a call that has the number hidden. I can call through the 800#, but that uses 800# minutes ($$$,) so I'm looking for a painless way to take advantage of my unlimited minute calling plan on my cell phone.

I know about an app called Caller ID Faker, but I'm not thrilled at the prospect of an extra $30 a month for that solution. I'm sure some of the sharp minds around here have tackled this issue or a similar one, so I have my fingers crossed.

[EDITED] I just thought about something, I have a Google Voice number and I figure I could put it to use that way. I'm not sure how to do it, but I would think that might be the answer. I'm still open to all ideas though.

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Theres a Google Voice app that allows you to select what number to use for outgoing calls.
You can have it set to ask you by default, or use your cell, or use your GV number. I actually think there are 4 options it asks for. I have mine set touse my cell number but thats only because i am new to GV. It looks promising.

MeridianSun

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I use google voice in conjunction with my cell and business line. Here's my setup:

Business line forwarded to my google voice line. It rings my cell and I can screen the calls. I can also put annoying telemarketer calls into the spam folder and block them. The google voice app works wonderfully. You can even disable google voice from ringing your cell during off hours, it will still send your voicemails through.

I could go on and on but you get the idea. It's like having two lines on one cell. And it's free!

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

Thinkmore

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
Theres a Google Voice app that allows you to select what number to use for outgoing calls.
You can have it set to ask you by default, or use your cell, or use your GV number. I actually think there are 4 options it asks for. I have mine set touse my cell number but thats only because i am new to GV. It looks promising.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38