So I finally caved a few weeks ago and bought the ESPN Fantasy Football App. It's funny how you'd blow $50 at a bar/restaurant yet agonize over $1-$5 apps... but that's a topic for another day.

anyway, I spent the $5 and got the app. It's ok. I prefer the browser, but it's nice to be able to manage my team if i'm away from my desk. The app is marginally easier than using the browser on my phone to manage my team...
    So $5 for 4-5 months isn't too bad
    I think I gave it 3/4 stars depending on the week/update status.

Yesterday they put out an update described as "bug fixes" but from what i can tell all it did was put a fairly large add-banner on all the functional pages and adds for blackberry phones on the main page.

Shenanigans. You guys should see the storm that's erupted on the market page comment tab. it is pages and pages of 1-2 stars & people are PISSED.

and i don't blame them

ESPN Fantasy Football 2010 - Android app on AppBrain
    10-31-2010 06:40 PM
    Thats pretty lame. If it was free, I'd understand. But if you pay for it there shouldn't be ads unless they stated that up front. Maybe its a mistake and they planned on releasing a free version with ads and a paid one without?
    10-31-2010 08:05 PM
    Good thing I didn't go and update it before I read this!
    10-31-2010 08:40 PM
    i am also ridiculously annoyed with the fact that every time i open the app i keep getting prompted to download that other app that i dont care about so i can get push notifications sent to me. i emailed their support department to voice my displeasure, but just got the usual canned rhetoric. i do hate when paid apps (especially $5 ones) bombard you with ads. thats why you freaking pay for the app!
    10-31-2010 09:46 PM
    Yup. I'm one of the many who had some not so kind words on the app's comments. Really pissed me off that after charging for the app they slipped in ads.
    10-31-2010 10:19 PM
    Thats why i often backup with ASTRO, if you dont like an update you can always install an older version.

Thats BS either charge or dont charge, but dont do both.
    11-01-2010 08:34 AM
    i am also ridiculously annoyed with the fact that every time i open the app i keep getting prompted to download that other app that i dont care about so i can get push notifications sent to me. i emailed their support department to voice my displeasure, but just got the usual canned rhetoric. i do hate when paid apps (especially $5 ones) bombard you with ads. thats why you freaking pay for the app!
    oh right - i completely forgot about that terpitude... the damn airmail crapware they relentless harass you to download. i gave it a go for 2 weeks, it is awful... so now i just have to put up with the nag screen everytime i do anything on the app.

i dont need notifications that i am losing my fantasy matchup every 20 minutes, thank you very much.

Seriously. yahoo app is free. The ESPN app was already pretty mediocre. and then they do this crap midseason when they know none of us can get a refund?

F-
    I email them about it every few days. and based on the pages and pages and pages of pissed off people, i doubt i'm the only one
    11-03-2010 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD