Can someone explain to me the advantages of paypal?

ReallyShawn

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
If you are not confident in the merchant, using PayPal or Google Checkout prevents them seeing your credit card information. This is to me especially valuable when buying on the Android market / ebay etc...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Some sellers take Paypal and not debit/credit. There are any number of reasons to use Paypal.

If you don't get it then don't use it. Why you do you think you need to if you don't get it?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Paypal will be a very good addition for the Market when it is available. From what I have seen/read, Paypal is also very good about investigating fraudulant transactions.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Some sellers take Paypal and not debit/credit. There are any number of reasons to use Paypal.

This is pretty much it in a nutshell. Anyone can sell on eBay or Craigslist or elsewhere with no work other than having a paypal account (and buyers can pay you with their Paypal account or a debit/credit card).

Basically it allows anyone to accept credit card payments without going through the hassle of having a merchant account/credit card processor and all of those headaches.

Then it just becomes a circle or another bank account: the money from your sales goes into your Paypal account, and you use that money to make purchases (or alternatively, just withdraw it).

It is also a bit more secure for purchases (since if you are using your Paypal account, you aren't giving your credit card info out to anyone, and even if you pay by CC through a Paypal form, Paypal is at least trusted, which cannot be said about some fly-by-night Credit Card form that someone set up on their website).

Lyanheart

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Once the market can use Paypal, I will actually start paying for apps just due to the simplicity of it. I'm not about to punch in my CC number each time I want to buy something for a couple bucks.

gtricecakes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
But why is this much different from already using Google Checkout? Paying on the market is so easy and it stores my info securely.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
But why is this much different from already using Google Checkout? Paying on the market is so easy and it stores my info securely.

Paypal is widely used and a lot of people, myself including, have Paypal accounts. The need to create one less account is a good thing for some people and having a trustworthy company provide the service is a plus.

Not saying anything bad about google checkout. I've used it and feel it's a smooth process. People want an alternative to purchasing apps and not have to input personal info on another site.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Convenience aside, a big reason is that it allows a buffer between your credit card/bank account should something run afoul with the transaction.

You can keep, say, $20 in your PayPal account for convenient small purchases. If anything goes wrong, be it a fraudulent action, an transaction error, or an honest mistake, you only have that $20 at risk opposed to your entire bank account or credit card.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I already use PayPal to pay for all of my Market purchases. All you have to do is get a PayPal debit card and then you have the convenience of using a credit card, but it filters through your PayPal account and comes from whatever financial source that you choose.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Once the market can use Paypal, I will actually start paying for apps just due to the simplicity of it. I'm not about to punch in my CC number each time I want to buy something for a couple bucks.

you use Google Checkout so you really don't have to do that.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
i think its really just to have someone with paypal already not have to sign up for another online purchasing account such as google checkout.

Its just convience...besides *tunes already accepts paypal so it a competitive edge factor.

gtricecakes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Could it be that those not in the US can't use google checkout as well? Do you need a credit card to use PayPal? I'm not sure, but if you don't then those without cards can use it.

Lyanheart

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I want to use paypal because I have a paypal account that already has transactions funding it and paying out of it (ebay stuff) and thats what I used to pay for my app store purchased for the iphone & ipod. It's like "free money" to me so I don't feel bad spending on silly apps for my phone! :p

beef623

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
For me, it would mean that I can buy apps from European developers. My bank won't let me use my debit card for these purchases.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance