Maybe I am just missing this, but is there a way, or possibly an app, that will allow me to turn off the notification sounds when I receive a txt message or connect a usb cable, without turning off the sound on the whole phone? I have a Droid 2, and cannot seem to be able to do this.
    11-01-2010 10:32 AM
    Timerrific does this, but it's time based, so I would assume there is a way to do this via an application. Also, you can go into your Txt settings to change your sound. Maybe set-up a shortcut on your homescreen to get to your sound profile easier.

I'm not sure how the connection sounds work, but my phone doesn't make a sound for it. I think it is some other setting on the sound profile, but I haven't found it yet.

Not sure how helpful that actually was, reading through it, but I know there is a way to turn of notifications at least! :-)
    11-01-2010 10:50 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can do this with Tasker...
    11-01-2010 01:23 PM
    Maybe I am just missing this, but is there a way, or possibly an app, that will allow me to turn off the notification sounds when I receive a txt message or connect a usb cable, without turning off the sound on the whole phone? I have a Droid 2, and cannot seem to be able to do this.
    The notification you're getting when plugging in a USB cable is an SD card notification. Go to Settings, Sounds, then uncheck "SD card notifications".

You can disable notifications for the text messages as well. Go into your messaging app, go to Settings, and disable notifications.
    11-01-2010 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD