02-02-2011 03:46 PM
393 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Sorry for butchering your picture Phil, However this is what I wish it looked like.

me too -- but with the time/weather image centered (regardless of 12/24hr)

also, speaking strictly for myself, I would prefer just City, rather than City,State -- the older version i have backed up did it without the State. Is that how it works for folks in the US now?

anyone in the US using 12hr time mind taking a snapshot of the most current revision?
    01-05-2010 11:43 AM
    me too -- but with the time centered (regardless of 12/24hr)
    Not sure if centering the time is fully possible. He may just have to add AM/PM to the 24 hour clock, so that it looks more centered.
    01-05-2010 11:45 AM
    I'm just glad its back and that Tama was able to clear his name.
    01-05-2010 11:45 AM
    me too -- but with the time centered (regardless of 12/24hr)
    Not sure if centering the time is fully possible. He may just have to add AM/PM to the 24 hour clock, so that it looks more centered.

If HTC had a problem with the Weather Icon being centered, then yes, your idea FTW!

I'm just glad its back and that Tama was able to clear his name.
    FTW!
    01-05-2010 11:46 AM
    I think they have done that to make it reasonably different to Sense UI.

Maybe when Tama-Chan does an update that enables us to skin the widgets we will be able to do our own layouts...

Phil.
    01-05-2010 11:47 AM
    I think they have done that to make it reasonably different to Sense UI.

Maybe when Tama-Chan does an update that enables us to skin the widgets we will be able to do our own layouts...

Phil.
    That would be nice. Custom widgets.
    01-05-2010 11:49 AM
    ok i love these. just wondering when and where can i find them, also how much are they?
    The top left and bottom one is Beautiful Widgets.

The top right one is Weather Widget - Donate.

Both are on the Android Market for around a buck.

In UK money Weather Widget - Donate cost me 93 pence and Beautiful Widgets cost me 1.19

Beautiful Widgets also come with one space buttons to turn on and off things like Blue Tooth and WiFi, which makes it more comprehensive than Weather Widget - Donate.

Phil.
    01-05-2010 11:54 AM
    I've heard soooo much buzz about this app. I never had the chance to DL this the first time around as I got my Droid after it was removed. Glad it's now available.

Thanks to the oP for the head's up that this was available - snappy little app.
    01-05-2010 01:23 PM
    It got updated with a new font that matches the unlock screen. Even prettier now that it's seamlessly integrated now. Me likey.
    01-05-2010 02:16 PM
    oohhh I'm so happy to finally get to play with this. I LOVE the smaller home, its perfect!
    01-05-2010 02:18 PM
    Now all Tama-Chan needs to do is make it skinnable and release a set of templates you can stick in Eclipse IDE and it will be perfect...
    01-06-2010 05:49 AM
    any plans to make a 1x4 music widget like the smaller home? i would love to be able to put the small clock plus the music widget and 2 rows of icons on my homescreen.
    01-06-2010 08:28 AM
    Finally! Downloaded it and I am loving it! Thanks!
    01-06-2010 12:56 PM
    It really needs an auto rotate toggle widget.
    01-06-2010 02:14 PM
    Okay so I Am aware that you can no longer download the old school beautiful widget app. So here is my question...I was deleting some clutter off my SD card while having my Droid mounted....and I'm pretty sure I deleted the old BW weather animations on accident....I still have the old clock but it wants to download the old animations and patches but it can't.....it stays on 0% and I have the option to cancel if I want....I'm aware some of you backed up your bw app. ......and I'm sure one of you would be able to copy and paste those files for me to reload onto my SD card if you would be so kind too: ).....it should be simple thanks again......
    REC0N1ZE, where you able to get anyone to send you the backup? I had it on my sd card as well and I damaged my card! If you have the backup, would you mind sending it to me?
    01-06-2010 02:49 PM
    I, too, was waiting for it to come back and finally downloaded it today. However, there is one thing that gave me a sad face. For the first time ever when I picked up my Droid after it had sat idle for a couple of hours, the back was warm. I've never noticed that before...EVER. Then when I unlocked it I saw that my battery had drained like 50%!!!

I've NEVER had a bad battery drain before. In fact, last night (before the installation) I had noticed that with a charge before bed time, my Droid was a full battery in the morning 9 hours later.

So, is there some sort of power management you can do with this app? Something? Anything? I just won't keep it otherwise. Oh, and all I have enabled is the Beautiful Home that shows the weather and time and the Silent widget. That's it.
    01-07-2010 12:48 AM
    I have had this widget for a long time and mostly see very good
    battery life (lasting all day). I also have the update set to the most frequent setting.
    01-07-2010 02:08 AM
    I have had this widget for a long time and mostly see very good
    battery life (lasting all day). I also have the update set to the most frequent setting.
    Well, I can't explain this any other way. I have very few apps loaded and all were loaded before Beautiful Widgets and tend to be the type that you use for a specific purpose rather than constantly updating. I've been very particular that way so as to monitor my battery usage and not go batsh*t crazy loading all sorts of apps so that I didn't know what was consuming what.

I'll give it another day or two to see if there might be another explanation. I really hope there is.
    01-07-2010 03:00 AM
    BW has not effected my battery life what so ever. I have and still continue to get great battery life.
    01-07-2010 08:51 AM
    BW has not effected my battery life what so ever. I have and still continue to get great battery life.
    Even at 15 minute updates, battery is great for me too.
    01-07-2010 09:36 AM
    Weather seems to be broken at the moment. Not sure if it's the app or google weather.
    01-07-2010 11:39 AM
    Weather seems to be broken at the moment. Not sure if it's the app or google weather.
    Its the Google API.
    WWD has the same issue. They both use the same API.
    01-07-2010 11:40 AM
    Its the Google API.
    WWD has the same issue. They both use the same API.
    Well there you go... I have 7 inches of snow outside when I woke up and the weather was reporting it's sunny and clear.
    01-07-2010 11:42 AM
    My weather read as 26 degrees all day until I went to bed. Could this broken weather thing be causing the battery drain? It continued through the night. I woke up to find the alarm hadn't gone off and the battery was flashing a red notifier.

Does anyone have any suggestions outside of my uninstalling it? And how do I uninstall an app?
    01-07-2010 02:15 PM
    I, too, was waiting for it to come back and finally downloaded it today. However, there is one thing that gave me a sad face. For the first time ever when I picked up my Droid after it had sat idle for a couple of hours, the back was warm. I've never noticed that before...EVER. Then when I unlocked it I saw that my battery had drained like 50%!!!

I've NEVER had a bad battery drain before. In fact, last night (before the installation) I had noticed that with a charge before bed time, my Droid was a full battery in the morning 9 hours later.

So, is there some sort of power management you can do with this app? Something? Anything? I just won't keep it otherwise. Oh, and all I have enabled is the Beautiful Home that shows the weather and time and the Silent widget. That's it.
    Download Spare Parts. It gives an excellent analysis of battery usage, and you can pinpoint exactly what is draining your battery. I've had this app since before the redesign and I've never had issues with battery usage, even with the most recent Google API issues.

If you find that BW is what is killing your battery for some reason, Go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Beautiful Widgets to uninstall it.
    01-07-2010 02:23 PM
393 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD