02-02-2011 03:46 PM
393 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Download Spare Parts. It gives an excellent analysis of battery usage, and you can pinpoint exactly what is draining your battery. I've had this app since before the redesign and I've never had issues with battery usage, even with the most recent Google API issues.

If you find that BW is what is killing your battery for some reason, Go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Beautiful Widgets to uninstall it.
    Is Spare Parts the best type of app for this kind of measurement for a Droid? According to Androlib it's the version for Donut, not Eclair.
    01-07-2010 03:17 PM
    Okay better news from this afternoon's usage. I put two and two together with my crappy phone service from the two days before the download along with my son also getting a battery drain on a LG Rumor at the same time I did yesterday (only found out today about that).

Apparently, something must have been obstructing the tower(s) for my neighborhood or the towers weren't working correctly. We're in a particularly tricky area with hills and lots of woods. I didn't make the connection because the days when the service sucked, I didn't experience battery drain. I probably just didn't make any calls yesterday afternoon so I wouldn't have noticed the bad connection problems.

I truly think now that the problem was the phone looking for a signal (we've experienced this before with other phones and service providers and AT&T doesn't even come in at all here). This afternoon the battery seems to be performing normally and I was actually able to hold a call in one particularly tricky area of my house that always gets the person on the other end complaining that I'm cutting in and out.

So, while I'll continue to monitor for the rest of the evening, I truly think that was my problem. (WHEW!)
    And maybe the end result will be better reception at my house that sticks.
    01-07-2010 08:52 PM
    IIRC Android Market will point you at the version optimised for your flavour of Android. If you're running cupcake, it will let you have the cupcake version if there is one. For Donut, Donut, and so forth. If there isn't a version of a program for your Android version, it won't reveal the app to you even if you know the app exists...

Phil.
    01-07-2010 09:13 PM
    Weather finally updated for me.
    01-07-2010 09:16 PM
    What's so great about this app?
    01-07-2010 09:24 PM
    Goto the marketplace and check it out.
    01-07-2010 10:22 PM
    What's so great about this app?
    Excellent support. There's an update practically every day. When the dev isn't fixing problems quickly, he's adding new features.
    The last update changed the font to match the unlock screen on 2.0, but he also added the option to choose other fonts as well. That's my favorite part about BW at least.
    01-07-2010 10:43 PM
    Like mentioned above, the weather seems to be updating properly again.
    01-07-2010 10:51 PM
    hmm, mine hasnt yet, and i have rebooted phone and still not updating. maybe i need to uninstall/re-install app?
    01-07-2010 11:32 PM
    hmm, mine hasnt yet, and i have rebooted phone and still not updating. maybe i need to uninstall/re-install app?
    Did you try opening up the full screen weather option, and clicking the refresh icon?
    01-07-2010 11:41 PM
    Is it supposed to turn into a moon at night? My temps are updated correctly but I have a bright yellow sun at 11pm.
    01-08-2010 01:11 AM
    Is it supposed to turn into a moon at night? My temps are updated correctly but I have a bright yellow sun at 11pm.
    It should, yes. I think the Google API is still to blame for many of the issues like this, so I'd give it some time.
    01-08-2010 01:14 AM
    Y would u pay for a weather widget when a free one is coming with 2.1
    01-08-2010 06:42 AM
    The one that comes with 2.1 is not beautiful.
    01-08-2010 07:56 AM
    The one that comes with 2.1 is not beautiful.
    qft.
    The 2.1 widget is nice, and the graph is nifty, but beautiful widgets does the job much better. It's less utilitarian looking.

This morning's update brought the old animations back. I guess htc didn't have beef about that part of his app.
    01-08-2010 10:04 AM
    So all it's for is weather?
    01-08-2010 10:13 AM
    qft.
    The 2.1 widget is nice, and the graph is nifty, but beautiful widgets does the job much better. It's less utilitarian looking.

This morning's update brought the old animations back. I guess htc didn't have beef about that part of his app.
    He said via his Twitter, that HTC and him now have a good relationship.
    01-08-2010 10:14 AM
    Check out the developers website or go through this thread. It is more than just weather. It's has other widgets for bluetooth, wi-fi, etc... The main widget gives you a clock, weather, ability to access your calendar etc...

You will find a bunch of images in this thread.
    01-08-2010 10:17 AM
    It is a set of widgets (BlueTooth, GPS, Silent, Vibrate, Wifi and the main one)
    It is a weather and time widget. Best part IMO is the animations that show up when you open the forecast. Oh and the matching clock font (matches the lock screen and 2.1 dock) is also a huge plus.
    01-08-2010 10:18 AM
    Check out the developers website or go through this thread. It is more than just weather. It's has other widgets for bluetooth, wi-fi, etc... The main widget gives you a clock, weather, ability to access your calendar etc...
    You beat me to it.
    01-08-2010 10:19 AM
    Is the forecast only supposed to b for 3 days?
    01-08-2010 10:29 AM
    Is the forecast only supposed to b for 3 days?
    Yes, I have been asking for a 5 day forecast. Hopefully that comes soon.
    01-08-2010 10:32 AM
    Yes, I have been asking for a 5 day forecast. Hopefully that comes soon.
    Lol, me too... That would be tits.. So, I'm still ruining his old school flip clock..I should update really fast and see how the new one looks... I saved a separate file with the old version if you want it DA... Also, what this I hear about it working with your calender?
    01-08-2010 11:25 AM
    Lol, me too... That would be tits.. So, I'm still ruining his old school flip clock..I should update really fast and see how the new one looks... I saved a separate file with the old version if you want it DA... Also, what this I hear about it working with your calender?
    Not sure. If you do upgrade, try the smaller home IMO it looks better than the larger one. I also saved a copy of the old 1, I go back and forth every now and then.
    01-08-2010 11:51 AM
    If you tap the date it opens up your calander. So you don't need a calander icon on your home screen. just like if you tap the time, it opens up the alarm clock. Tap the weather, OMG, it opens the weather!!!
    01-08-2010 12:19 PM
393 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD