02-02-2011 03:46 PM
393 ... 45678 ...
tools
    What do you know... update now available again. Smaller home widget is back. Looks good IMHO.
    12-19-2009 09:00 AM
    Just updated as well. Glad to see that the smaller home is back. Ran into a small issue with the incorrect time being displayed after the update, but a quick removal/placement of the widget fixed that issue. Interesting new placement of the AM/PM indicator. I almost didn't see it at first
    12-19-2009 09:05 AM
    WOW, just as the developer said their was another updated and just like Jeremy said. It adds the smaller home and I think this one is beautiful. It has a perfect balance of the size of the time, weather, hi lo, and date. I Love it more then then original AND I have another row available on my screen. Perfect. Oh and the developer told me he/she will be adding the ability to skin it in the future!

If you dont like the new style, dont update simple as that, you have a perfectly good product. And I see what the person mean about the AM/PM looking slapped on.... kinda. But if you need help figuring out if its am or pm, you need more then a widget.
    Magnious, you said "If I made" lol that doesnt really count. "When" you make it then you can do it your way "if" you can. Otherwise the developer did it his way and it pleased a great many people, got the product back out there, thats business. I now have an app that I like better then the original.
    12-19-2009 09:20 AM
    Hello Ive stored the old HTC version of BW on my SD card on my TmoG1. Does anybody know how I would be able to retrieve it from my SD card and reinstall it on my G1?
    12-19-2009 10:51 AM
    I like what he did on the latest update. Jeremy instead of locking can you take out the last few pages of complaints and leave just the usefully stuff. Some of us like it and want Tamara that we appreciate his work. He has a link to this thread on his tweeter page.
    12-19-2009 11:26 AM
    I like what he did on the latest update. Jeremy instead of locking can you take out the last few pages of complaints and leave just the usefully stuff. Some of us like it and want Tamara that we appreciate his work. He has a link to this thread on his tweeter page.
    This thread will stay open. People can complain all they'd like, (within reason) just wish they'd have valid reasoning behind it.
    12-19-2009 11:46 AM
    Lets try and avoid arguments guys. Lets not get this locked.
    12-19-2009 01:07 PM
    Agreed. All comments that are not on topic will be deleted.
    12-19-2009 01:12 PM
    I'm really happy that the developer has already released a new redesigned version of his widgets. It shows that he's really committed to keeping this app on the line and keeping his paying customers happy.

Now, granted, the new version is nowhere as polished and clean as the older version.
    For instance, the smaller home widgets, when in landscape view, takes up about only a 2x1 space instead of reformatting to fit.
    But I still think that this is a really good start, and I can't wait to see how it matures and looks in a few months!
    12-19-2009 01:25 PM
    It's fine and dandy that you wouldn't pay for the widgets, but that doesn't mean it wasn't worth it to all the people who actually paid the buck or two for it... one more time, a buck or two... :rolleyes:

Unsupported? How do you figure? The dev constantly pushed out updates and instead of just walking away he is still working on improving a new version. What more do you want?

Don't come into this thread and insult any of the members who paid for the app by calling them foolish.

Exactly, it's not that difficult. I really don't understand what all of the fuss is about.
    I don't think it's foolish to pay for a widget. What's foolish is paying for something that's a knockoff of someone else's stuff. I commend the guy for having pushed out updates, and for updating the widget set to a new look. Being upset over the C&D and losing what you had though, it's foolish to buy something like this where a C&D kills what you were paying for.
    12-19-2009 03:38 PM
    Hurry up and snatch this from the marketplace if you want it... they are closing shop as HTC has sent a C&D. Pulling it soon...
    wait their pulling the new version too? and im getting droid in a week, is there a way someone can send me a copy of the old version? (HTC sense inspired)
    12-19-2009 03:48 PM
    No new version is staying.
    12-19-2009 04:25 PM
    I don't think it's foolish to pay for a widget. What's foolish is paying for something that's a knockoff of someone else's stuff. I commend the guy for having pushed out updates, and for updating the widget set to a new look. Being upset over the C&D and losing what you had though, it's foolish to buy something like this where a C&D kills what you were paying for.
    Again, the app is around $2.00 and what is foolish to you does not mean it was foolish for anyone else on this forum. And for what it's worth, I have not complained once about the C&D from HTC.

We are here to discuss the app itself, not if members of this forum are "foolish". If anyone else can not discuss the app itself feel free to PM me and we can discuss it accordingly since anymore of it here will get your account suspended/banned.

Thanks.
    12-19-2009 05:01 PM
    How do I retrieve old Beautiful Widget that was stored on my SD card and reinstall on my G1?
    12-19-2009 05:10 PM
    How do I retrieve old Beautiful Widget that was stored on my SD card and reinstall on my G1?
    Locate it via Astro File Manager and you should be prompted to install it.
    12-19-2009 05:17 PM
    I got it to work using apps installer app
    12-19-2009 05:56 PM
    Again, the app is around $2.00 and what is foolish to you does not mean it was foolish for anyone else on this forum. And for what it's worth, I have not complained once about the C&D from HTC.

We are here to discuss the app itself, not if members of this forum are "foolish". If anyone else can not discuss the app itself feel free to PM me and we can discuss it accordingly since anymore of it here will get your account suspended/banned.

Thanks.
    I think my logic came across wrong. Honestly, I tried the new version, and hey this is way nicer!

What I was referring to was actually bashing the people complaining about how they bought widgets, and THOSE widgets aren't available anymore.

More specifically, stuff like
    No offense, butthere is a difference in making people happy and releasing a downgraded product.
    I'm sorry it came across that I thought people who bought it were foolish, and seriously, I'm a customer now who thinks rather highly of the new version. I think the animations run a bit smoother, the displays are more tasteful, and not to mention how clean it all is.

The developer has proven he's not just trying to cash in on someone else's work too. This stuff is really nice.
    12-20-2009 12:19 AM
    So after thinking about it, I do have to say that my thoughts have turned on the app. I was hoping for something "cleaner", but to some this is clean. To some this is an upgrade. For me, it is not. The reason why I got "angry" about it is because I really wanted to continue using it and support the dev. Unfortunatly that is not the case, and Weather Widgets had a skin of what I was hoping the dev would do.

(My current Clock layout with Weather Widgets)

I really do wish that I liked the new BW as much as some of you do. But I do not. The biggest disappointment is not the new BW I guess...but that I have to turn to a program that I know doesn't offer the same hard work and dedication that the Beautiful Widgets Dev offers. Maybe he will change it, or Skin it at some point and I can come back to BW.
    12-20-2009 12:48 AM
    I dunno man, but I actually like the boxy look.
    12-20-2009 01:20 AM
    he said he may implement skins in a future update
    12-20-2009 01:22 AM
    I really like the current look and behavior of BW, but once all the kinks have been worked out, it would be a great addition to be able to skin the layout in the future.
    12-20-2009 01:27 AM
    I really like the current look and behavior of BW, but once all the kinks have been worked out, it would be a great addition to be able to skin the layout in the future.
    What makes me worry with that is lag. Many of the skinable widgets often tend to lag. Or at least you hear people complain of that. Maybe that won't be the case with the Moto Droid. At least I hope.
    12-20-2009 10:03 AM
    I hope he finds the exact font to match the lock screen. Most android phones will get 2.1 which keeps the same lock screen so that would make people happy. Now that I have run this for a good minute I can say that is less beautiful but more manly, like the droid.
    12-20-2009 10:12 AM
    Well, like many here who aren't focused on supporting the developer (and I agree he did well considering) the new look is really markedly inferior, as one might expect from one guy trying to come up with a whole design in two days. Would you expect HTC to put out something like that as their new Sense UI? No, you really wouldn't, but then they'd have a team of people working on theirs for months. Bottom line, I'm keeping the old HTC look, and I don't really think I need more updates (appears to do the job fine as it is), so why worry about it? We can have our cake and eat it too.
    12-20-2009 12:27 PM
    Tweeted from Levelup Studios.

HTC asks me to unpublish Beautiful Widgets until they review it...
    HTC needs to calm down and let him be..so he can continue to work on perfecting the widgets.
    12-21-2009 01:54 AM
393 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD