02-02-2011 03:46 PM
393 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Hello,

I am the author of Beautiful Widgets and would like to correct some of the things here. I never took the pictures from the HTC ROM, I re-designed everything myself, with photoshop, and I just tried to mimick their UI. I wrote all the code myself.

I decided not to fight because I am just an individual and I don't want to take any risks for my family. I am working with HTC to work around all of this, and they are reviewing the new version to make sure that they notice my code is different, and that the new user interface does not look like their.
    Hope to see Beautiful Widgets back in the market soon, keep up the good work!
    12-22-2009 12:04 PM
    Beautiful Widgets are back up now:
    Beautiful Widgets Makes a Return
    12-22-2009 12:57 PM
    Hope to see Beautiful Widgets back in the market soon, keep up the good work!
    I was waiting for you to post Jeremy.
    12-22-2009 01:00 PM
    Beautiful Widgets are back up now:
    Beautiful Widgets Makes a Return
    That was after it got pulled the first time, since then, HTC asked him to remove the app again until they review the code.
    12-22-2009 01:02 PM
    Let's hope HTC doesn't take forever during this "inspection" process. A little bogus to me that they are even asking of this, but all the more reason to make me glad I did NOT get the Eris
    12-22-2009 08:03 PM
    Hello,

I am the author of Beautiful Widgets and would like to correct some of the things here. I never took the pictures from the HTC ROM, I re-designed everything myself, with photoshop, and I just tried to mimick their UI. I wrote all the code myself.

I decided not to fight because I am just an individual and I don't want to take any risks for my family. I am working with HTC to work around all of this, and they are reviewing the new version to make sure that they notice my code is different, and that the new user interface does not look like their.
    Thanks for this. This is much better than speculation. Though I don't agree with your decision, I'll respect it. Hopefully, you can satisfy them (HTC) and they will leave you in peace.

If it comes to it, I would be happy to ask my attorney if he has a recommendation for representation in a copyright issue in your area.
    12-22-2009 08:04 PM
    I think Tama should request HTC's code for their weather widget in about a month to ensure they aren't violating his/her IP.
    12-22-2009 08:50 PM
    I think Tama should request HTC's code for their weather widget in about a month to ensure they aren't violating his/her IP.
    That's what I'm saying. Just to make sure that they are not stealing his code.
    12-22-2009 09:54 PM
    LOL! I think HTC feels a little threatened by his work.
    12-22-2009 10:03 PM
    I dont know if anyone likes the new weather pulldown animations? I didn't so I found the files... there are 2. Version 2 and Version 3. I copied over the icons from Version 2 to the file folder version 3. This reverted the icons for weather back to the smoother original ones.

Still cant figure out how to make and enable skins though. Anyone know if it can be done? I love the weather portion of beautiful widgets but like the skinability of the clock in weather widgets donate.
    12-23-2009 03:42 AM
    Hello,

Hey I'm a pleased customer, I look forward to future updates when the app is returned to the market
    12-23-2009 08:32 PM
    Hello,

we're still working with HTC to figure out a solution, but we are starting to have good relations, which is our goal. The process is a bit slow because of the Holidays! (and I am on a 3 days holiday too)
    12-24-2009 02:58 AM
    I could see them having a problem with this if they offered it for all device but ok they want people to buy HTC phones. Perhaps they just think your widget is coded better then theirs.

Good luck with all this and I want to see it back in the market soon.
    12-24-2009 07:54 AM
    Tama-chan,

Thanks for the help with trying to purchase your app a few weeks ago. Very attentive, and prompt. Keep up the good work and Akemashte Omedetou!
    12-24-2009 08:04 AM
    I could see them having a problem with this if they offered it for all device but ok they want people to buy HTC phones. Perhaps they just think your widget is coded better then theirs.
    Good luck with all this and I want to see it back in the market soon.
    It is coded better or at least faster with better animations.

I removed the HTC FlipClock w/Weather widget off of my wife's Eris and use Tama's Beautiful Widgets instead, and it is MUCH faster and the animations are much, much better.
    12-24-2009 03:50 PM
    I gotta say, I've found my copy to be pretty handy. I think its really good.
    12-26-2009 09:07 PM
    I agree beautiful widgets animations are amazing.
    12-26-2009 09:25 PM
    wow guess this why i cant find it in the market. oh my the drama
    12-26-2009 11:39 PM
    Hopefully this week it pops back up. They should pay Tama for the down time.
    12-27-2009 11:15 AM
    It's funny, but with his abilities, they shouldn't have screwed with him. He'll likely come up with something that will blow their stuff away. Big companies canNOT think...that's what gets them eventually.
    12-27-2009 11:47 AM
    I would love a five day forecast. Wonder if that is possible.
    12-27-2009 01:18 PM
    Hopefully this week it pops back up. They should pay Tama for the down time.
    If not this week, then next. It sounds like the current delay is caused by the holidays. So once people start getting back to work is when we'll see it back up. And Tama is taking this weekend off and then he's back. So as to whether the delay is him or HTC is the determining factor here. I'm guessing HTC will take a longer break through the new year.
    12-27-2009 01:19 PM
    They should have hired him to work for HTC. :-)
    12-27-2009 08:39 PM
    The reviewing team is still on holidays...
    12-28-2009 03:55 AM
    That really sucks...If they are going to make you pull your software, the least they can do is have someone available to review it. My respect of HTC continues to go down.
    12-28-2009 06:41 AM
393 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD