02-02-2011 03:46 PM
393 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Yeah this is a load of crap, HTC needs to not suck, and this sucks.
    12-28-2009 09:25 AM
    The reviewing team is still on holidays...
    Thanks for the update. I agree with most of the comments here, this is getting crazy now. Did they request you remove it for review or force legal action for you to pull it for a review?
    12-28-2009 11:24 PM
    I really hope that someone is back for this week. But odds are they're all out until after the new year. Which sucks.
    12-28-2009 11:47 PM
    I know its been typed 100 times, but this APP was awesome. I really had no idea HTC would crack down/could crack down. But as they say in jurassic park...."theres always a way" lol
    12-29-2009 12:38 AM
    No they asked me to remove it while the review, I just prefer to cooperate. But having the review team on holidays at such moment make me sad... I mean it would takes 10 minutes to review it...
    12-29-2009 02:17 AM
    It does suck. They should give you a free nexus for your downtime.
    12-29-2009 09:24 AM
    You should put it back up for the Holidays, they are obviously slacking off so throw it back on the market and take it off when they let you know their back.
    12-29-2009 09:57 AM
    No they asked me to remove it while the review, I just prefer to cooperate. But having the review team on holidays at such moment make me sad... I mean it would takes 10 minutes to review it...
    You know, props for cooperating. You're missing on potential sales though. A lot of people unwrapped some Droids, you missed some revenue. I couldn't quantify any figures, but I'm sure it's a dent at the very least.
    12-29-2009 03:15 PM
    Hopefully we get some sort of update on Monday. HTC has been taking their time with this.
    01-02-2010 10:33 PM
    Hopefully we get some sort of update on Monday. HTC has been taking their time with this.
    Bullies.
    01-02-2010 11:31 PM
    Weather Widgets runs alot smoother on my phone Beautiful widgets seemed to use more battery.
    01-03-2010 12:06 AM
    I say he's been following HTC's requests too much. I think it's time for him to push back a bit and say "I'll give you 1 more week to review my app, then it's going back on the market." There is no reason why this is taking so long. I have since put BW back on my phone (Weather Widgets - Donate: even though prettier with it's skins, just wasn't as smooth and the animations suck). I agian, dislike the new BW, and hope he changes it..but it's growing on me. And I want HTC to stop their sh**. They have already lost me as a future customer for any of their products.
    01-03-2010 12:11 AM
    I hope you are right, but have a feeling it won't happen.
    01-03-2010 12:34 AM
    I say he's been following HTC's requests too much. I think it's time for him to push back a bit and say "I'll give you 1 more week to review my app, then it's going back on the market." There is no reason why this is taking so long. I have since put BW back on my phone (Weather Widgets - Donate: even though prettier with it's skins, just wasn't as smooth and the animations suck). I agian, dislike the new BW, and hope he changes it..but it's growing on me. And I want HTC to stop their sh**. They have already lost me as a future customer for any of their products.
    Why? For being a company? No one should be expected to play nice when it comes to business. BW is competition and that's that.

Anyway, I have say I love the newer BW much better. So much sleeker and sexier. Animations are faster and nicer. Loves it.
    01-03-2010 04:14 AM
    Okay so I Am aware that you can no longer download the old school beautiful widget app. So here is my question...I was deleting some clutter off my SD card while having my Droid mounted....and I'm pretty sure I deleted the old BW weather animations on accident....I still have the old clock but it wants to download the old animations and patches but it can't.....it stays on 0% and I have the option to cancel if I want....I'm aware some of you backed up your bw app. ......and I'm sure one of you would be able to copy and paste those files for me to reload onto my SD card if you would be so kind too: ).....it should be simple thanks again......
    01-03-2010 10:42 PM
    Thats similiar to what I have ran into as well.

I liked the old BW. But while doing some updates, I accidentally updated BW as well and over wrote with the new version. It is nice as well, but I did like the old style much better.
    01-04-2010 01:45 AM
    I would have given them a reasonable amount of time to be nice but would have put it back up by now. Hopefully this does not get dragged out much longer.
    01-04-2010 10:10 AM
    After reading this entire thread I am thinking that Tama-Chan needs to contact the Free Software Foundation for legal advice concerning GLP2 vs propriety and whether he can sue them for loss of earnings once he has proven that he did not rip off their code.

I am wondering just how much of the source code of Sense UI is actually from the OSS community rather than their own propriety code and if the FSF should slap a C&D on HTC's arses...

Just a thought about giving it back to the man...

Phil.
    01-04-2010 11:05 AM
    can you make this topic a Sticky until the app is back up on the market please?
    01-04-2010 11:05 AM
    I think there should be some sort of monetary compensation for the delay and the amount of income he is missing out on.
    01-04-2010 11:37 AM
    can you make this topic a Sticky until the app is back up on the market please?
    I appreciate the suggestion, but a thread on a single app doesn't warrant or qualify as a sticky.

That said, I too would like to see this app available again soon.
    01-04-2010 11:44 AM
    yea, the delay really begs for a countersuit
    01-04-2010 01:11 PM
    I found out about this application the day after it was pulled. It has been bugging me ever since to watch how slow this is taking. He should start to re-think posting it back up.
    01-04-2010 06:49 PM
    Patiently waiting for this app to reappear. They seem to be taking a spitefully long time.
    01-04-2010 08:41 PM
    I say its up Friday.
    01-04-2010 09:26 PM
393 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD