Beautiful Widgets

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Again, the app is around $2.00 and what is foolish to you does not mean it was foolish for anyone else on this forum. And for what it's worth, I have not complained once about the C&D from HTC.

We are here to discuss the app itself, not if members of this forum are "foolish". If anyone else can not discuss the app itself feel free to PM me and we can discuss it accordingly since anymore of it here will get your account suspended/banned.

Thanks. :)

I think my logic came across wrong. Honestly, I tried the new version, and hey this is way nicer!

What I was referring to was actually bashing the people complaining about how they bought widgets, and THOSE widgets aren't available anymore.

More specifically, stuff like
Magnificuserwhateverhisnamewas said:
No offense, butthere is a difference in making people happy and releasing a downgraded product.

I'm sorry it came across that I thought people who bought it were foolish, and seriously, I'm a customer now who thinks rather highly of the new version. I think the animations run a bit smoother, the displays are more tasteful, and not to mention how clean it all is.

The developer has proven he's not just trying to cash in on someone else's work too. This stuff is really nice.

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
So after thinking about it, I do have to say that my thoughts have turned on the app. I was hoping for something "cleaner", but to some this is clean. To some this is an upgrade. For me, it is not. The reason why I got "angry" about it is because I really wanted to continue using it and support the dev. Unfortunatly that is not the case, and Weather Widgets had a skin of what I was hoping the dev would do.

(My current Clock layout with Weather Widgets)
whiteclock.png

I really do wish that I liked the new BW as much as some of you do. But I do not. The biggest disappointment is not the new BW I guess...but that I have to turn to a program that I know doesn't offer the same hard work and dedication that the Beautiful Widgets Dev offers. Maybe he will change it, or Skin it at some point and I can come back to BW.

Last edited:

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I really like the current look and behavior of BW, but once all the kinks have been worked out, it would be a great addition to be able to skin the layout in the future.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I really like the current look and behavior of BW, but once all the kinks have been worked out, it would be a great addition to be able to skin the layout in the future.

What makes me worry with that is lag. Many of the skinable widgets often tend to lag. Or at least you hear people complain of that. Maybe that won't be the case with the Moto Droid. At least I hope.

R

Roy Aguilera

I hope he finds the exact font to match the lock screen. Most android phones will get 2.1 which keeps the same lock screen so that would make people happy. Now that I have run this for a good minute I can say that is less beautiful but more manly, like the droid.

Bako

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Well, like many here who aren't focused on supporting the developer (and I agree he did well considering) the new look is really markedly inferior, as one might expect from one guy trying to come up with a whole design in two days. Would you expect HTC to put out something like that as their new Sense UI? No, you really wouldn't, but then they'd have a team of people working on theirs for months. Bottom line, I'm keeping the old HTC look, and I don't really think I need more updates (appears to do the job fine as it is), so why worry about it? We can have our cake and eat it too.

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
HTC vs Beautiful Widgets Round 2

Tweeted from Levelup Studios.

HTC asks me to unpublish Beautiful Widgets until they review it...

HTC needs to calm down and let him be..so he can continue to work on perfecting the widgets.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
This is seriously decreasing the odds that I suggest the Droid Eris to my friends when they're looking for a new phone.

The developer is working as hard as he can to comply with HTC's C&D, and yet they don't seem to be able to realize this and pursue harassing him further.

jsbayer

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
help finding the app

I searched all over this weekend on the marketplace, and cant find beautifu widgets...wich to my dismay i read the article sayin the new one is out. ill pay for it, i just cant find it...lol any help?

R

Roy Aguilera

Its ridiculous. Guess they can't tell from the pics that he changed it already. I want to back this up but don't want to lose the old one. If they would atleast put out the Widgets we would not have this issue.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Its ridiculous. Guess they can't tell from the pics that he changed it already. I want to back this up but don't want to lose the old one. If they would atleast put out the Widgets we would not have this issue.

What's even more crazy is why are they not going after the other developers of similar widgets? Does not make much sense.

R

Roy Aguilera

Tama should release an update with the Droid font before he pulls it down. Someone sent him the font already. That would keep most happy till this gets resolved.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
That is such BS, he changed the HTC look and now its just an awesome widget that HTC probably thinks is taking away from their market since Sense UI is one of the only things that attracts people.

Dont take it out on this guy just because the HTC counterpart of android for verizon is inferior to the Droid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36