Beautiful Widgets

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I really hope that someone is back for this week. But odds are they're all out until after the new year. Which sucks.

itzperch

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I know its been typed 100 times, but this APP was awesome. I really had no idea HTC would crack down/could crack down. But as they say in jurassic park...."theres always a way" lol

Tama-Chan

Developer
Dec 22, 2009
levelupstudio.com
No they asked me to remove it while the review, I just prefer to cooperate. But having the review team on holidays at such moment make me sad... I mean it would takes 10 minutes to review it...

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
You should put it back up for the Holidays, they are obviously slacking off so throw it back on the market and take it off when they let you know their back.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
No they asked me to remove it while the review, I just prefer to cooperate. But having the review team on holidays at such moment make me sad... I mean it would takes 10 minutes to review it...

You know, props for cooperating. You're missing on potential sales though. A lot of people unwrapped some Droids, you missed some revenue. I couldn't quantify any figures, but I'm sure it's a dent at the very least.

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I say he's been following HTC's requests too much. I think it's time for him to push back a bit and say "I'll give you 1 more week to review my app, then it's going back on the market." There is no reason why this is taking so long. I have since put BW back on my phone (Weather Widgets - Donate: even though prettier with it's skins, just wasn't as smooth and the animations suck). I agian, dislike the new BW, and hope he changes it..but it's growing on me. And I want HTC to stop their sh**. They have already lost me as a future customer for any of their products.

CyD13

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I say he's been following HTC's requests too much. I think it's time for him to push back a bit and say "I'll give you 1 more week to review my app, then it's going back on the market." There is no reason why this is taking so long. I have since put BW back on my phone (Weather Widgets - Donate: even though prettier with it's skins, just wasn't as smooth and the animations suck). I agian, dislike the new BW, and hope he changes it..but it's growing on me. And I want HTC to stop their sh**. They have already lost me as a future customer for any of their products.

Why? For being a company? No one should be expected to play nice when it comes to business. BW is competition and that's that.

Anyway, I have say I love the newer BW much better. So much sleeker and sexier. Animations are faster and nicer. Loves it.

REC0GN1ZE

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Beautiful widget question.

Okay so I Am aware that you can no longer download the old school beautiful widget app. So here is my question...I was deleting some clutter off my SD card while having my Droid mounted....and I'm pretty sure I deleted the old BW weather animations on accident....I still have the old clock but it wants to download the old animations and patches but it can't.....it stays on 0% and I have the option to cancel if I want....I'm aware some of you backed up your bw app. ......and I'm sure one of you would be able to copy and paste those files for me to reload onto my SD card if you would be so kind too: ).....it should be simple thanks again......

Last edited:

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Thats similiar to what I have ran into as well.

I liked the old BW. But while doing some updates, I accidentally updated BW as well and over wrote with the new version. It is nice as well, but I did like the old style much better.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site

I would have given them a reasonable amount of time to be nice but would have put it back up by now. Hopefully this does not get dragged out much longer.

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
After reading this entire thread I am thinking that Tama-Chan needs to contact the Free Software Foundation for legal advice concerning GLP2 vs propriety and whether he can sue them for loss of earnings once he has proven that he did not rip off their code.

I am wondering just how much of the source code of Sense UI is actually from the OSS community rather than their own propriety code and if the FSF should slap a C&D on HTC's arses...

Just a thought about giving it back to the man...

Phil.

R

Roy Aguilera

I think there should be some sort of monetary compensation for the delay and the amount of income he is missing out on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac