Facebook 1.4

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm just repeating what's already been said quite a bit, but I definitely agree that the app needs to include notifications for comments and likes as part of what we get notified of in our notifications bar. I'm very happy that the notifications finally open inside the app, though. I'd also happily let them replace Groups with Chat. These changes are pretty much the perfect Facebook app for me.

Also, am I the only one that preferred to have the homescreen (where you select Profile, Feed, Friends, etc.) as what opens when we click the icon vs. how it defaults to the news feed now?

Last edited:

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I will be very happy when they fix the landscape issue for the app homescreen. I hate the way it displays on the Motorola Charm.

banksj17

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I won't be happy until its the same as the iPhone. They tried to blame Google for the bad app today.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
So I tried F+ again... its not to bad and when it gets push notifications it will be very good. I think its worth the $1 and change it cost me.

philby

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Also, am I the only one that preferred to have the homescreen (where you select Profile, Feed, Friends, etc.) as what opens when we click the icon vs. how it defaults to the news feed now?

This bugs me too, and it would seem simple enough to have an option in the settings to determine which opens by default.

But based on this release they obviously aren't putting a whole lot of effort into the FB for Android app so its not surprising that they don't have alot of customization options...

Rambler358

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Ya I know they are in the app, I meant that we actually get them in the status bar of our phones.
Notifications still don't work on my EVO, not sure why. Nofications do show up in the app itself, but not the status bar. Guess I'll also be keeping Bloo around for a while.

Rambler358

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Why is FaceBook video functionality still zero? It's so very frustrating that it almost works, launches the video player and everything, and then gives you an error. Is is only certain devices that are having trouble with this? (Moto Droid 1 here.)
The only videos that work for me are YouTube. Everything else gives me a can't play video message.

Sinamn2224

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its funny how you can upload a video using your phone, but then can't play it using the same phone that recorded it.

The app seems to open in the spot you left off. If I go to the home screen and then close it and reopen it a little bit later, it opens in the home screen, not the news feed, but this app has become pretty useless to me with HTC Facebook widget, f+ notifications and go chat. Would be nice to have everything in one app, but those three do everything I need better than the app so until it actually works its dead to me.

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The app seems to open in the spot you left off. If I go to the home screen and then close it and reopen it a little bit later, it opens in the home screen, not the news feed...
I've tried going to home screen and then backing out, but it always reopens in news feed for me. But now I see that using the Home button while on the main screen makes it reopen with that same screen. Before I could use the Back button and get the same result, but I suppose this'll work for now.

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
i've been hoping it would go straight to the news feed. every time i open the program that's the first thing i check anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL