Sorry if this is posted elsewhere... I did a search and all i found was that Google announced a month and a half ago that editing docs in Android would be "soon." Well, has there been any update? Seems like a simple thing to me, what's the holdup?
    11-03-2010 04:49 PM
    Google Docs Support

Download, view and edit your files from your Google Docs account directly in Docs To Go. Any changes you make can be saved and synchronized back to Google Docs so that you'll always have the most up-to-date version. You can even create new files in Docs To Go and upload them immediately to your account.

Documents To Go for Android Smartphones: Word and Excel on your Android Smartphone
    11-03-2010 05:41 PM
    Google Docs Support

Download, view and edit your files from your Google Docs account directly in Docs To Go. Any changes you make can be saved and synchronized back to Google Docs so that you'll always have the most up-to-date version. You can even create new files in Docs To Go and upload them immediately to your account.

Documents To Go for Android Smartphones: Word and Excel on your Android Smartphone
    I'm really not looking for an app to do this, I'd prefer just to be able to simply edit my docs online as Google advertised.
    11-03-2010 10:08 PM
    The problem with this application on my Evo: forced close every single time I try it. Great addition to the application!

An update: crashing because I had no files on the web site. Did a file and now it does not crash. Great addition to the application and great error control!
    11-04-2010 12:10 AM
    I'd prefer to not have a third-party app for this. I'd love to see Google build this into Android much like Microsoft builds office into it's mobile products. Same thing with Picasa. First party services shouldn't require third party apps.

And Google should just buy Facebook and fix the crappy app problem.
    11-04-2010 12:55 AM
    come on. you have an elegant solution if you want it.
    11-04-2010 07:26 AM
    come on. you have an elegant solution if you want it.
    Appreciate your input, but that does not answer the question I was asking.
    11-04-2010 08:40 AM
    Appreciate your input, but that does not answer the question I was asking.
    the answer is no and you'll have to ask Google as to why. but you have a great if not perfect solution available if you want it.
    11-04-2010 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD