A week or so after updating to Froyo on my Droid X I started having a real problem with Google Voice - any received calls to my GV number disconnect 1 second after I answer them. Outgoing calls and SMS are fine. Just incoming calls.

This is not a hardware problem - incoming calls to my CELL number answer just fine. Just not to Google Voice.

I tried a factory reset deleting all the apps I've added - same problem (though the factory reset was still in Froyo with Google Voice in it's latest version:

I tried deleting GV and installing older versions (0.3.0 and 0.4.1) but the problem persists.

Anyone have an idea what might be causing this? I don't see anyone else complaining about this on the forums. Any help would be appreciated.
    11-04-2010 01:04 PM
    It's having some serious issues today. My wife tried calling me and kept getting someone else. And I just got a call from a nice woman trying to get her own voicemail.
    11-04-2010 02:08 PM
    ...any received calls to my GV number disconnect 1 second after I answer them. ... Anyone have an idea what might be causing this?
    Same thing happened to me and my wife (separate accts) yesterday and today. People who have been using GV for awhile are probably not complaining because Google has conditioned them to accept embarrassingly unreliable service.

If they ever tried to charge even pennies a month for GV, I have a feeling a huge % of their user base would evaporate. It's worth about what you pay for it.

Anyway, my wife and I have had separate GV accounts for 1.5 years and every week we get call misconnections, calls routed to VM when all forwarding numbers are free, etc. A friend called this AM and got a message saying my GV number "was not a working number." All par for the GV course... and I'm actually a Google fan FWIW.
    11-04-2010 02:48 PM
    My fiance said she got connected to another user when trying me earlier. Seems to be ok now though.
    11-04-2010 02:49 PM
    I've had a few "missed calls" recently that were nto for my and never actually made my phone ring. I was wondering what was going on.
    11-04-2010 02:50 PM
    That may explain why I had several odd numbers pop up on my screen today. I didn't answer, so no telling if they were calls from fellow GV users. I just tried calling myself from a land line and the phone rang instantly.

I need to check with my wife. She uses a GV number (two in fact) for her business.
    11-04-2010 03:13 PM
    just checked mine from my desk phone. working as normal with no problems as described above
    11-04-2010 03:17 PM
    I've been having these problems with google voice for about 2 months. Sometimes people get the error "this number is not in service", other times, the call comes through, but I can't hear the person on the other end of the line. This normally happens twice before we are able to actually connect.... I wish they'd get it working like it was this past summer - it was almost flawless!
    11-04-2010 03:24 PM
    i dont get alot of calls on my gv. i do though use it as my vm, and its working fine i just did test call to it with my other phone and its working fine i babbled to myself for about 2 mins and it didnt d/c so all is well here i guess, and i did anouther call and left myself a vm. it came thru just fine and alerted me.
    11-04-2010 04:14 PM
    I'm having the same issue as the original poster. This has been going on for about a month now. I created a support ticket but haven't received a word of advice!

This is affecting myself, my wife and a coworker. Here is the support thread!

11-04-2010 06:50 PM
    ...and please, hop on that support ticket and add your info. Maybe Google will actually look at it or respond to us!
    11-04-2010 06:52 PM