How do App Protectors/Lock work?

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was doing some reading here and saw that some people use programs like App Lock, App Protector Pro, App Locker, etc.. that work by requiring a password to use any specific App that you assign.

I see how this is a good security measure if you loose you phone and someone can get through the initial lock screen but how practical is it to use in everyday life?

My concern is that every time I look up a contact or send a txt msg I will need to first enter a password. This seems like a hassle if you do a lot of things through out the day.

Am I missing something here?

Doc

risingsun124

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I only protect certain apps such as my finance manager. I don't want people I let check out my phone to be snooping into my money. I have found that all the ones I have tried, I can bypass by using an app killer. I have my app killer ignore the app protector so if someone wanted to access it, they would need to figure out how to change that setting, kill the app, and then check out what I have protected. Hardly safe, but keeps prying eyes out. I think it's more of a privacy thing, not so much a security thing.

If someone can post an app protector that's not easily bypassed, I'm searching for one.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been usin app protector pro for about a month now.....with it I am able to turn off the phone main lock and lock the apps/folders that I want to lock up (7 or 8 so far) to include SMS...I really dont find it a problem having to enter the code because of the peace of mind knowing that not just anyone can pick up my phone and start dialing numbers or going thru it if a lose it or accidently leave it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy