Music player that displays time remaining to track

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Looking for a music player that will allow me to play locally stored, (on phone), music and that will display the time remaining to the track while it plays. Any suggestions?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't recall if it does (I've been using Spotify for quite some time now) but I think PowerAMP does this. Or was it MX Player? :S

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
True, sorry...I was thinking of DoubleTwist, but was looking at an e-mail from Mexico and the MX player popped to mind. My bad.

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Tried it....didn't like it. WAY too difficult to use. Not enough labeled commands/functions. The app expects us to remember that clicking in the top right or bottom left performs a certain function. Crazy. Word to Devs : Keep it simple please.

My app, Music Player (Remix), allows you toggle between "time remaining" and "total time" on the Now Playing screen (just tap the time to toggle). You can find the 14-day, fully-functional free trial version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hedami.mprtrial

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Tried it....didn't like it. WAY too difficult to use. Not enough labeled commands/functions. The app expects us to remember that clicking in the top right or bottom left performs a certain function. Crazy. Word to Devs : Keep it simple please.

Well not everybody is going to like the same things which is why there's a trial version. Thanks for trying it out.

The idea behind removing the separate music controls is actually about keeping it simple and cleaning up the interface. The thought is that there's no need to waste vertical space on the Now Playing screen with separate music controls if you can use all the ample space on the existing album art. This translates to increased available vertical space (which can be used for cool features like the customizable quick shortcuts) and also larger, finger-friendly music controls optimally placed in the middle of the screen.

But I understand that some people may be used to separate music controls and find it jarring if they're not where they expect them to be. But a lot of people have appreciated the benefits of this unique design after they've given it a go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital