I loaded the latest Swype beta last night and I now get this error message when I try to use it:

Is there any way to revert back to the previous version? I logged into my account on the Swype beta site, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get to older versions.
    11-12-2010 01:49 PM
    I got a bunch of errors before I got mine to work. Uninstall the previous version, delete the installers from your SD card in downloads, reboot your phone and give it another go.
    11-12-2010 02:21 PM
    I got the same thing, I uninstalled Swype (not the installer) reinstalled Swype, and rebooted my EVO. Works now.
    11-12-2010 03:45 PM
    I tried these things, but it's still not working. I removed the app and the installer, rebooted my phone, installed the installer, installed the app, rebooted my phone, and it still does the same thing. This is so frustrating...I miss my swype
    11-12-2010 07:57 PM
    I tried these things, but it's still not working. I removed the app and the installer, rebooted my phone, installed the installer, installed the app, rebooted my phone, and it still does the same thing. This is so frustrating...I miss my swype
    After you install it, with out you touching anything it should go back to the page that asks you to download it. Just leave it there and don't touch it. Eventually it will say "would you like to enable swype" Or something along those lines. Say yes and it should work.
    11-12-2010 10:48 PM
    I had the same issue and then realized I have 2 accounts and actually was trying to use the wrong one to install versus the one I actually registered for my phone. Just a suggestion. You may have to contact them and have them do a reset for your account, I would check out the forums on the swype webpage.
    11-12-2010 11:23 PM
    I'm over swype.

I'm now a swift key user and love the built in mic and awesome predictive text. It is actually quicker for me

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    11-13-2010 06:14 AM
    Thanks for all the help - I finally got swype to work. I've done a number of updates before and never had any issues. Thanks everyone.
    11-13-2010 07:16 AM
    I got the same thing, I uninstalled Swype (not the installer) reinstalled Swype, and rebooted my EVO. Works now.
    Yup, that worked for me. I had to do the same thing on the previous update of swype as well.
    11-13-2010 02:09 PM
    Yup, that worked for me. I had to do the same thing on the previous update of swype as well.
    I had the same issue. Deleting all the previous Swype components (installer, downloads, etc), reebooting the device then downloading the new version worked. Hopefully this helps.
    11-14-2010 04:38 AM
    Is there any way to revert back to the previous version?
    If the old installer is still in your download folder you can just use it.

Errors such as those in the OP can generally be avoided using the update method recommended in Swype's own forums.
    11-14-2010 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD