Have you tried the Tapatalk forum's app?

javabean

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
search for "tapatalk" in the market.. it's a forum client that connects for multiple forums and it appears AndroidCommunity.com has enabled this also. Anyone here tried it and any chance to see Android Central supports this??

some screenshots below:

nonie3234

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Never mind - I found it by using the Search tool. So far so good - this is really nice!
My only complaint is that I'd prefer it in landscape, and it seems to allow only portrait.

javabean

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Never mind - I found it by using the Search tool. So far so good - this is really nice!
My only complaint is that I'd prefer it in landscape, and it seems to allow only portrait.

Does it not rotating? I use G1 and it rotates when I open the keyboard. I found two Android forums there, hope more forum uses it so I can access it on the go!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Tapatalk

In case anyone missed Dieter's announcement, Tapatalk is now enabled and seems to be working great.

If you do much forum surfing from your phone, its well worth the 3 bucks.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
eh don't think a forum app is worth three bucks especially since the browser is so quick just my opinion coming from a berry where berryblab was useful cause of the crappy browser

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Personally I love the application. I didn't buy a soda for 2 days, and I used the money saved to pay for the application. It was a great choice ;)

I like the custom signature, the easy interface, and I think it can evolve into something great. Well worth it personally.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Personally I love the application. I didn't buy a soda for 2 days, and I used the money saved to pay for the application. It was a great choice ;)

I like the custom signature, the easy interface, and I think it can evolve into something great. Well worth it personally.

i might be more inclined if all of the forums i used were supported on here. maybe down the road it will be something that may interested me more once they get more support from other sites

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
i might be more inclined if all of the forums i used were supported on here. maybe down the road it will be something that may interested me more once they get more support from other sites

Some forums simply may not know about it. Contact admins/mods @ the sites you visit frequent, and they can add the compatibility for Tapatalk.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

Ditto. Except I didn't go without my beverages. I forced the wife and kids to :D

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about the app, but I know when they added the "compatibility" for these forums to be accessible via TapaTalk it made using this forum a pain in the butt. Makes me not want to buy it on that basis.

Now instead of being able to jump right into the forums and post, I have to go back to the index page, log back out, then log in again before I can do anything on the forums. Really annoying.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I'm not sure about the app, but I know when they added the "compatibility" for these forums to be accessible via TapaTalk it made using this forum a pain in the butt. Makes me not want to buy it on that basis.

Now instead of being able to jump right into the forums and post, I have to go back to the index page, log back out, then log in again before I can do anything on the forums. Really annoying.

They will be fixing this. No worries. Sometimes it's hard, they wanna add the new features, but not have much downtime, so things dont always go 100% as planned.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I donwloaded Tapatalk last night and paid the 3 bucks. The only forums that I know of that utilize this app is here and XDA. I have only used the app for Android Central so far but my impression is that it's quick ! Yes I think that browsing the forums on the phone is fast as well , but the app seems to cut out all of the eye candy and goes straight to posts very quickly and very responsively.If i'm at home and on Wifi I will use the browser, if im out and about I will use the app since it's quick and cuts to the chase. I have only used the app for a few hours at most so I will give it some more time to grow on me.

However I would like to know what other sites Tapatalk app owners are using or going to .Not to be noisy about where you go, I would just like to know of some other cool sites that I am not visiting that I should be.. I would like to get the most out of the app and utilitze it more then just going to the 2 sites that I know of..

Thanks

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I gave up a beer to buy it. It is nice to be able to post pictures with out firing up my laptop. I just did a search for my forums I go to if there not on it I bug the administrator to enable the plug in

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
bumping this a bit.
Crackberry still hasn't incorporated it because of security issues.
Have these issues been resolved or is any current tapatalk user skeptical of the permissions this app needs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan