Google photos app and in browser issues

ElGargamel

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I have 2 questions regarding google photos:

1) on my phone I can't see "all" my photos. However I can see the highlights. I am at the latest version of the google+ app. Anyone had similar issues? And a fix?

2) in the browser, some photos have their location "hidden". Its this weird google maps symbol with some sort of red cross across a meter? Not sure what that is.. Why is that? They are my own photos, and I would like to show location data just like with my other photos.

Sent from my One+1

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi ElGargamel,

I'm currently using the latest version as well and can see both ALL and HIGHLIGHTS tab when I open my Photos app. Do you see both tabs or just one? A screenshot could help, too.

As for the location issue, do these files have location information available if you check them in your phone? I can't tell you how many pics I've taken that SHOULD have location info only to find out after my trip that, in fact, they don't.

ElGargamel

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Since I opened all my photos on a wifi network it now also shows on mobile data. And for now I also don't see any photos with hidden location data.

Deleting photos on my device that were already backed up to Google also helped I think.

Sent from my One+1

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It probably re-synced or something, and some of the pictures on your Google+ account might have not been showing up on your device because of that.

ElGargamel

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
It probably re-synced or something, and some of the pictures on your Google+ account might have not been showing up on your device because of that.
Victory too soon...

It's doing it again, now also on WiFi connection. Every time I open the app I have to login in Google+ and select whether I want to back up photos via WiFi or WiFi and mobile. And now I can't see all my photos again.

Not sure what the problem is here...

Sent from my One+1

ElGargamel

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
So I have both all and highlight tabs. But when I go to all, it keeps loading and after a while it says no photos were found. On highlights I can see everything, as well as albums, stories, ...

Sent from my One+1

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Huh... that is odd. Have you tried clearing cache on the Photos app? I'm not sure if clearing data will only clear data from the app or actually delete something, so I'd save that for after you've backed up your files hehe.

ElGargamel

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
All my photos are backed up on a drive and on Google photos online. So I'll try that.

It's weird that the app asks me to login often and select whether I want to back up via WiFi or WiFi/mobile

Sent from my One+1

ElGargamel

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Haven't tried that yet, what does it do exactly? Delete all photos from my device? Under info it lists "app" and "data" each with their storage amount.

Sent from my One+1