Best non-root paid Tether app - and WoW tether question?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
What is considered the best paid Tethering app?

Also - anyone know approximately how much data World of Warcraft would pull if you used your Android to tether to a laptop with WoW on it? Would it be a ridiculous amount that your carrier would immediately notice or no?

Thanks.

ali.fazal

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I would say the best PAID tethering app is the Mobile Hotspot that comes on some Sprint and Verizon devices since it's officially offered by the carrier. However, your device might not have it.

In that case, Tether is great.

However, if you're okay with NOT PAYING, PDAnet is great as well, and contrary to what some might think, can work wirelessly also (just over bluetooth instead of wifi).

samurikuma

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Yep I use the paid version of PDAnet and it works great. Had the free version but the paid one will let you go to the seriously blocked pages.

samurikuma

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Also your laptop will be using a dialup type speed. Can't hardly pull items off itunes without loooooonnnnnggggg download times. So my guess is any online gaming would be unbareably slow.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If your phone has root access there's a free program called Wireless Tether. I use it on my Epic to Tether my Macbook Pro and iPod Touch.

If you want faster speeds Wireless Tether's sister program, Wired Tether, is also free and uses a USB cable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel