BeerWhere released to Android Market

shammer64

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I published my new app, BeerWhere, to the market (US, Canada only) last night. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I've tested on 5 different Android devices, but I'm curious to see how it does on the rest of the Android universe.

Description:
A beer snob's best friend. Quickly locate the best brewpubs, beer bars and beer stores in your area on your mobile phone. Features include:

* Search nearby, by city or by name
* Save location to favorites
* Share location with friends
* Navigate to location

Constructive feedback is greatly appreciated.

GensBB

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I know this would be an impossible request with this app, but, is it possible to have the brand of beer offered at these pubs as well. Not every bar serves SAM ADAMS (best beer in the world, BTW!) and it would nice to be able to locate bar/pubs that serve the beer people like.

Reactions: shammer64

kafanning05

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
beerwhere app

i love beer so i downloaded this app but it wont provide me with any locations my home location :( app seems user friendly but was curious why my city isnt showing any results

shammer64

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i love beer so i downloaded this app but it wont provide me with any locations my home location :( app seems user friendly but was curious why my city isnt showing any results

Fear not. The data behind BeerWhere is crowd-sourced at The Beer Mapping Project. If you don't see a deserving local bar/pub/store, please add it and post a review. I'm hoping to someday add the feature to the app, but the API does not yet support it.

Thanks for downloading!

shammer64

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I know this would be an impossible request with this app, but, is it possible to have the brand of beer offered at these pubs as well. Not every bar serves SAM ADAMS (best beer in the world, BTW!) and it would nice to be able to locate bar/pubs that serve the beer people like.

That is a feature I have been tossing around. I worry a bit about data integrity and reliability (some of these places have dozens of taps and rotate beers frequently). There is another app out there I recommend called Brewster, a personal beer log, that sits in that gap. Maybe there is something we can collaborate on to build such a feature.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the idea could be expanded to include a search for locations that carry a give brand of beer. I have only found Yebisu (Japanese premium beer) at one distributer in California and wold like to be able to locate other places that carry it.

Brian

GensBB

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
What about a community supported feature that has a drop down menu with option the user could select from IE: Domestic/Import/Local ? There are several brands of beer sold locally here in Colorado that are brewed here in the state that could classify for "Local" beers. Or you could expand the drop down to as many brands as you wanted a user to be able to add. Just some ideas.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20