I published my new app, BeerWhere, to the market (US, Canada only) last night. Please take a look and let me know what you think. I've tested on 5 different Android devices, but I'm curious to see how it does on the rest of the Android universe.

Description:
    A beer snob's best friend. Quickly locate the best brewpubs, beer bars and beer stores in your area on your mobile phone. Features include:

* Search nearby, by city or by name
    * Save location to favorites
    * Share location with friends
    * Navigate to location

Constructive feedback is greatly appreciated.
    11-17-2010 10:43 AM
    Just downloaded. So far seems pretty good. Shows all my favorite pubs near my home.
    Thanks
    11-17-2010 11:35 AM
    I know this would be an impossible request with this app, but, is it possible to have the brand of beer offered at these pubs as well. Not every bar serves SAM ADAMS (best beer in the world, BTW!) and it would nice to be able to locate bar/pubs that serve the beer people like.
    shammer64 likes this.
    11-17-2010 04:57 PM
    Oooooh, will download tonight - But I like where you're coming from with this
    11-17-2010 05:25 PM
    i love beer so i downloaded this app but it wont provide me with any locations my home location app seems user friendly but was curious why my city isnt showing any results
    11-17-2010 06:13 PM
    This only confirms my worst fear. No bars within a 25 mile radius serve Steel Reserve.
    11-17-2010 08:13 PM
    i love beer so i downloaded this app but it wont provide me with any locations my home location app seems user friendly but was curious why my city isnt showing any results
    Fear not. The data behind BeerWhere is crowd-sourced at The Beer Mapping Project. If you don't see a deserving local bar/pub/store, please add it and post a review. I'm hoping to someday add the feature to the app, but the API does not yet support it.

Thanks for downloading!
    11-18-2010 05:19 AM
    I know this would be an impossible request with this app, but, is it possible to have the brand of beer offered at these pubs as well. Not every bar serves SAM ADAMS (best beer in the world, BTW!) and it would nice to be able to locate bar/pubs that serve the beer people like.
    That is a feature I have been tossing around. I worry a bit about data integrity and reliability (some of these places have dozens of taps and rotate beers frequently). There is another app out there I recommend called Brewster, a personal beer log, that sits in that gap. Maybe there is something we can collaborate on to build such a feature.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    11-18-2010 05:29 AM
    I wonder if the idea could be expanded to include a search for locations that carry a give brand of beer. I have only found Yebisu (Japanese premium beer) at one distributer in California and wold like to be able to locate other places that carry it.

Brian
    shammer64 likes this.
    11-18-2010 07:18 AM
    What about a community supported feature that has a drop down menu with option the user could select from IE: Domestic/Import/Local ? There are several brands of beer sold locally here in Colorado that are brewed here in the state that could classify for "Local" beers. Or you could expand the drop down to as many brands as you wanted a user to be able to add. Just some ideas.......
    shammer64 likes this.
    11-18-2010 07:59 AM
    I'm having trouble locating this App. PLEASE HELP!
    11-23-2010 12:42 PM
    sounds great downloading now
    11-27-2010 09:11 PM
    I'm having trouble locating this App. PLEASE HELP!
    How is this possible?
    You search for BeerWhere in the android marketplace, it is the only result that comes up.
    11-28-2010 01:07 AM
    Awesome app! I'll be checking out some new places with it soon. Would have loved something like this when I was in college.
    11-28-2010 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD