One of the apps I use every day is MobileDay for it's ability to read my calendar and one-touch dial into conference calls. The only problem with this is that it doesn't work with Google Voice which operates in more of a dial-back model. MobileDay's dail-pause-conferenceID functionality is implemented by dialing a single number in the style of "888ABCdefg,,,,confID". The commas are interpreted by the Android dialer as a pause. If that number is sent to Google Voice, the commas and conference ID are discarded.

That's fine, if MobileDay automatically bypassed Google Voice for outbound calls. It doesn't. And really, it shouldn't as not all the calls it makes are conference bridges (If you have a specific person's phone number as the event location, that's what gets dialed, for example). Maybe if there was a good toggle GV on/off tool, but the one that seems to work, "Toggle Google Voice," toggles through GV only, never GV, GV for International calls, Ask Every Time. Ask Every Time works, but I don't actually want to be asked every time...

Any ideas?
    10-14-2014 07:32 PM
    I have the same issue. I have to manually disable google voice before I use mobile day.

Did you ever find a good solution to this problem?

Marc
    02-26-2015 10:49 AM
    I think VoiceChoice will do what you need:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.voiceplus

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    02-26-2015 12:14 PM
    Indeed, that's perfect except for not being free. But I'm not above paying for it. I've changed my phone default to always prompt for GV vs regular dial, which seems to work. But scripting that for specific phone numbers would probably work pretty well. If I were the devs, I'd add a free option for perhaps one phone number so users can see how it works.
    07-19-2015 06:23 PM
    Ah, v1 is free, just with a manual phone number list. I'll check that out as a trial.

Voice Choice v1
    07-19-2015 06:25 PM