Why am I getting this message This app won't run unless you update Google Play services when I try to open my gmail app?

angel3181

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
This app won't run unless you update Google Play services

I just got a brand new phone today - the Droid MAXX. It came with Google Play, the Gmail all and many others, of course. Everytime I try to open the Gmail app, I get the message "This app won't run unless you update Google Play services". If I click update, it just takes me to Google Play services in the app store where my options are deactivate or open. Nothing to update it.

Edit: Tried resetting app preferences. Didn't work.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: This app won't run unless you update Google Play services

Try resetting app preferences. Settings>Apps>menu>reset app preferences. This sometimes helps with Play issues.

Sent from an AOSP M8

angel3181

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Fixed!

My phone had a software update to do that I was unaware of. I found it due to my Visual Voicemail not working at all and troubleshooting that issue. Since the software update, my Gmail app works fine with no error message. :)

Jaspreet1

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: This app won't run unless you update Google Play services

Try resetting app preferences. Settings>Apps>menu>reset app preferences. This sometimes helps with Play issues.

Sent from an AOSP M8
All Process Finished But My Problem Stay Now Please Help Me sir please help me now

csiangli

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
I innocently uninstall google play service. I get it installed back. Now I get a screen that I can't run unless I update e Google play service. When I click on this button "update google play service", it does not update or bring me to any screen. So i can't use e google play service at all. Any advise? Thanks
PS: Is there a way i can paste that screen here?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech