I'm looking for a weather app that you can set to give you a warning if the temperate is going to drop below a certain degree later at night. Is there one that does this already? I work at an animal shelter and it would be great to get automatic warnings when we need to close the dogs in to keep them warm without having to check it each night. Or who would I talk to to suggest they add it to their app?
    10-17-2014 07:34 PM
    I am not aware of any such feature. However, you could email the idea to any of the developers for your preferred weather app. You can aid your argument for such a feature for people who have plants and want to avoid frost damage.
    10-17-2014 10:46 PM
    You can do it easily with IFTTT
    https://ifttt.com/recipes/213063-sen...rops-below-35f

The above recipe will send you a text message (sms) if temperature will drop below specified temperature. You can also set up a phone call or an email instead.

To work with IFTTT, you need to set up an account with them (easy). And you can manage your "recipes" from pc or phone. From phone you can use your normal browser at the ifttt sit or you can get the Android IFTTT app. I stay away from the app because it has some pretty intrusive permissions. Still a great flexible tool for use with Android phone even without installing the Android app. Google: best IFTTT recipes and you will see the amazing variety of things it can do
    10-19-2014 09:18 AM
    Yes try BASE Notifications (search on Google Play) - you get weather notifications in the morning based on how weather changes.
    You can't set it your own, but the weather alert is given when a significant change in weather is expected
    10-21-2014 09:20 AM