04-29-2013 06:22 AM
145 12345 ...
tools
    That's bizarre. Were you able to recreate the issue more than once?
    oh yeah... EVERY TIME. I've showed it to my friends and get some laughs... Its a constant error and yes... bizarre
    12-28-2009 01:00 PM
    Hmm....I found it anyway, but I am not posting how here. Nor am I going to answer a PM on where it is. :P

I think it's awesome.
    Ha... Me too.... That was super easy to find lol..... WOW ... I can type fast on this thing..
    12-28-2009 01:14 PM
    I can recreate the same problem. I tried several other words and didn't have the same issues. Very bizarre.
    12-28-2009 02:15 PM
    I can recreate the same problem. I tried several other words and didn't have the same issues. Very bizarre.
    kinda funny though, huh?
    12-28-2009 02:20 PM
    weird. I have that issue too with that one word...
    12-28-2009 02:58 PM
    psst psst psst

That's all it will type, lol, although once you add the other word to your dictionary it will let you type it. haha
    12-28-2009 02:58 PM
    I'm gonna have to disagree with the majority here and say Swype isn't all that. I mean its cool and intuitive but for me its just wayyyyy too slow. For those that say they can type faster on the swype keyboard than on the stock one...good on ya...cause I was slow as hell. And I bang out texts with the stock virtual keyboard, landscape or portrait.
    Ok then watch this video and see if you can type faster than me with your android keyboard
    12-28-2009 03:36 PM
    I timed myself (didn't film it though). I had 9 seconds with the stock on screen keyboard in landscape and 10 with swype. However, I had one tiny typo (an extra character) with the on screen and it wasn't as simple and easy as it was on swype. That could also be because the vibrate feedback is not great on the droid. If you had this race against the on screen keyboard on the eris I could see swype losing for all out speed. But for ease of use and one handed swype is king.
    12-28-2009 04:48 PM
    I timed myself (didn't film it though). I had 9 seconds with the stock on screen keyboard in landscape and 10 with swype. However, I had one tiny typo (an extra character) with the on screen and it wasn't as simple and easy as it was on swype. That could also be because the vibrate feedback is not great on the droid. If you had this race against the on screen keyboard on the eris I could see swype losing for all out speed. But for ease of use and one handed swype is king.
    Thats what i meant. using one hand lol... You did it with swype in 10 seconds? Thats pretty fast. i'm gonna try to beat that lol.
    If you feel like it, put a video up on youtube and and leave it as a video response.
    12-28-2009 06:15 PM
    So i have an interesting note on swype... first of all I LOVE it and can type SUPER fast on it even while being uber sloppy, but I found a funny little error...

I was trying to send "Why so sad puss* cat?" to a girl and noticed i couldn't swype in puss*, so i decided to type it in letter by letter, but when i pushed the y, swype would blow up...

...so I guess swype can't type the word puss*

(hope i'm ok by reporting this... i was typing it in actual reference to the cat... anyone notice any other words???)
    false. not sure what you were tying to instigate with that post because it is able to. tried via twitter, facebook, myspace, notepad, sms.

anyway, this program comes in the eris phone installed? that's neat.
    12-28-2009 06:49 PM
    I tried it out on the Samsung Omnia 2 yesterday, I can't stand it. It's incredibly inaccurate and can't get a thing right unless you go really slow. I don't know if it's because it's on a phone with windows mobile (worst phone os ever), or it's because the Omnia 2 has a resistive touchscreen instead of a capacitive one. I'll try it once it come to the Droid though.
    12-28-2009 08:14 PM
    I have this on my Droid and love it.Once you get the hang it , u can type so fast
    12-28-2009 08:24 PM
    I tried it out on the Samsung Omnia 2 yesterday, I can't stand it. It's incredibly inaccurate and can't get a thing right unless you go really slow. I don't know if it's because it's on a phone with windows mobile (worst phone os ever), or it's because the Omnia 2 has a resistive touchscreen instead of a capacitive one. I'll try it once it come to the Droid though.
    You should try it out on the droid its way more accurate even when your not accurate.

I posted this earlier in this thread. but heres a video of it on he droid
    12-28-2009 08:38 PM
    I think where this app shines is when typing lengthy words. Also, regarding the Omnia2, resistive....YEEUUCH! I think Swype on a capacitive screen is more how it's meant.
    12-28-2009 08:49 PM
    false. not sure what you were tying to instigate with that post because it is able to. tried via twitter, facebook, myspace, notepad, sms.
    I've tried it via handcent sms, facebook, browser and sticky note... i'm not swyping the word out... its not in my dictionary... i'm simply tapping each letter and when i get to the y it closes the keyboard and doesn't type anything.

I am not trying to instigate anything. I'm simply reporting. its not false... it happens on my phone every time.

...ps. you know i'm not actually typing puss* with an asterisk, right? replace the * with a y
    12-28-2009 09:58 PM
    I've tried it via handcent sms, facebook, browser and sticky note... i'm not swyping the word out... its not in my dictionary... i'm simply tapping each letter and when i get to the y it closes the keyboard and doesn't type anything.

I am not trying to instigate anything. I'm simply reporting. its not false... it happens on my phone every time.

...ps. you know i'm not actually typing puss* with an asterisk, right? replace the * with a y
    You're right! I just tried it on my phone and for some reason, it does. And it doesn't happen at a specific point. Sometimes it closes after the first s, sometimes after the second. What a strange bug.
    12-28-2009 10:10 PM
    What a strange bug.
    Exactly what i thought... thanks for confirming!
    12-28-2009 11:11 PM
    I tried it out on the Samsung Omnia 2 yesterday, I can't stand it. It's incredibly inaccurate and can't get a thing right unless you go really slow. I don't know if it's because it's on a phone with windows mobile (worst phone os ever), or it's because the Omnia 2 has a resistive touchscreen instead of a capacitive one
    I suggest you to try SlideIT.
    I just had 15 minutes playing with demo version of SlideIT on my Samsung Omnia 2. The execution of sliding is precise and fast, much more smoother than Swype.

You should try it too. SlideIT- Mobile Text Input - Download

SlideIT is the first technology to combine three features: sliding, prediction and graffiti.
    12-29-2009 03:20 AM
    I suggest you to try SlideIT.
    I just had 15 minutes playing with demo version of SlideIT on my Samsung Omnia 2. The execution of sliding is precise and fast, much more smoother than Swype.

You should try it too. SlideIT- Mobile Text Input - Download

SlideIT is the first technology to combine three features: sliding, prediction and graffiti.

I will have to book mark this and try it when it comes out on android. If it is as accrurate on the android as swype is, I will use it and say goodbye to swype since they don't want to deal with end users.
    12-29-2009 05:59 AM
    I have to say I really do like Swype. The only thing I think is that the tap typing ability could greatly improve. I would like it to have both options be equally as good so I could tap in landscape and Swype in portrate one handed. But that's just my $000.02
    12-29-2009 06:21 AM
    I have to say that I am very impressed with how good it does. It surprises me because I didn't think it would be fast but it does awesome for me. I don't like the landscape keyboard tho.
    12-29-2009 08:51 AM
    So this is pretty much a secretive app, but that you can talk about? I have shapewriter and love it, and this is supposed to be better.... but I cant get it....
    12-29-2009 09:59 AM
    It is rather simple to find, disclosing or distributing that though is something the devs can hassle this site about. Even though by their business model this app is technically not "steal-able", they just don't want you to have it. By my book, this means download away, and my lawyers would absolutely have a field day filing a declarative judgement case. However, my lawyers do not represent this site, so.....they'd just rather not hassle with the issue at all.

The reason we're discussing it is because how awesome it is. Go find it.
    12-29-2009 10:43 AM
    ...Even though by their business model this app is technically not "steal-able", they just don't want you to have it. By my book, this means download away, and my lawyers would absolutely have a field day filing a declarative judgement case...
    I don't get this statement. How is it not steal-able?
    12-29-2009 10:54 AM
    I was pretty skeptical about this, but I installed the leaked copy and I have to say... its really amazing. Typing with it is fast and easy.
    12-29-2009 12:08 PM
145 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD