04-29-2013 06:22 AM
145 ... 3456
tools
    Swype is amazing. Of all the incredible apps available for the Droid I think this may be my favorite! It's a whole new paradigm.

I will certainly pay for the official (non-beta) version when it's released. I'm so glad I installed it. I can actually input text now!

Great job..
    01-01-2010 04:59 PM
    I absolutely love this app. I have been forcing myself to use it more and more, and the only thing limiting my speed is learning where the characters are without looking at them (I am speedy typing, but I stare at the keyboard more often than not). I love it though!

My only wish (even before auto cap, etc), would be a function that allowed landscape Android stock keyboard and portrait Swype keyboard. I am still faster in landscape, but im loving portrait Swype.
    01-03-2010 09:18 PM
    ...so I guess swype can't type the word puss*
    Found another word... try touching in dj... *BOOM* closes program...

tik tok on the clock dj blows my swype up
    01-06-2010 03:56 PM
    Yea still love swype. Hope it's not really a time limited trial.
    01-06-2010 08:52 PM
    Where do you get swype? Doing a search for swype in the market doesn't come up with anything.
    01-06-2010 09:05 PM
    A lot better than the stock keyboard and Better keyboard. Was very easy to install too.
    01-06-2010 09:17 PM
    Where do you get swype? Doing a search for swype in the market doesn't come up with anything.

I was wondering this as well...
    01-06-2010 09:28 PM
    I was wondering this as well...
    Read post #94 above.
    01-06-2010 09:33 PM
    Honestly, the developers deserve a Nobel Prize. The ease of use is outstanding. I've shown it to 3 other people already and they've picked it up within 2 minutes!
    01-07-2010 09:56 AM
    ok this is a bit infuriating.i installed and used swype for several days and have no complaints.But I had to do a hard reset on my droid.now I cant figure out how to re-enable the smiley button on the main swype keyboard. anyone else know how to do this?

ok, one complaint

the smiley button doesn't give you any options other than throne basic smiley but I think I can live with that for the speed and convenience I get with swype.
    01-15-2010 01:03 PM
    ok this is a bit infuriating. I installed and used swype for several days and have no complaints. But I had to do a hard reset on my droid. Now I cant figure out how to re-enable the smiley button on the main swype keyboard. Anyone else know how to do this?

ok, one complaint

the smiley button doesn't give you any options other than the basic smiley but I think I can live with that for the speed and convenience I get with swype...
    01-15-2010 01:06 PM
    It seems pretty slow and inaccurate to me too. Used it for a week, couldn't get used to it.

Would constantly overshoot letters, and would just have to retype the whole word
    01-16-2010 01:57 AM
    I'm on a hero and couldn't use swype, but I tried out shape writer, it's a nice concept but i'm liking better keyboard better.
    01-16-2010 08:17 AM
    It doesn't interest me at all..

Looks like a frustrating concept to me.
    01-17-2010 11:10 AM
    I just installed this, and it works well. My Droid slowed down for about 5 minutes after installing, but now it's back to normal with no battery pull necessary.

It's weird to get used to, but seems to work really well. My only complaint is that I can't figure out how to enable Portuguese for the Swype Keyboard. Their website says the support it, but I supposed since the build we have isn't official, I can't expect all the features to be there. I heard they are only going to release this as an OEM thing, from manufacturers, but hopefully I can update it to include Portuguese support.
    01-26-2010 12:03 PM
    I've noticed that swype seems to blow up the browser and lock the phone up every once in a while (about twice a week or so), but I still feel that it saves more time using swype even with an occasional ALT+SHIFT+DEL reboot or battery pull...

Anyone else notice the browser blowup issue?
    01-26-2010 12:46 PM
    I installed it a month ago, and did enjoy it...the concept, at least.

However, I ended up going back to the stock keyboard, for a number of reasons. The main one was that editing specific portions of text was more difficult on Swype. Other reasons I didn't like it include no auto-caps, the auto-spacing sometimes freaking out, and it just plain doesn't look as good as the stock android keyboard.

While I am not as fast in portrait (android vs. swype), I do get the regular landscape keyboard back, which is way easier to use than landscape swype.
    01-26-2010 11:53 PM
    I've been using Swype for weeks now and love it. I use it in portrait 90% of the time and the Android on-screen keyboard in landscape about 10%.

Would love to get hold of the final version of this!
    02-01-2010 02:12 PM
    Been using swype for a week now and I love it. Once you get used to it t9 is not the same anymore, i can send out txts soo much faster now and with little effort.

ps. Go thru the tutorial before using it will help you slove all the questions you will have while using it.

A+!
    02-01-2010 04:44 PM
    I don't think I could live without swype now !
    02-02-2010 09:22 AM
    I don't think I could live without swype now !
    Agreed. Just wish they'd add some auto spacing and capitalization- then it would be absolutely perfect!!!
    02-02-2010 02:13 PM
    were can i get this and is it legal to download?
    02-02-2010 04:09 PM
    were can i get this and is it legal to download?
    Yes it is and here: Swype | Text Input for Screens
    02-02-2010 04:12 PM
    sure i'm blind, but i don't see were to download
    02-02-2010 04:22 PM
    sure i'm blind, but i don't see were to download
    The business model Swype uses it through the carriers and manufacturers. You can find it in some threads on this forum, but it's not legal. To obtain it legally, you'll have to wait until your phone receives it in an update.
    02-02-2010 06:46 PM
145 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD