Lookout/AVG Security

rustyboy717

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn between Lookout and AVG. I like Lookout for two simple reasons; they're the original and the back up/scream features. However I've been using AVG on my PC for years and it's very reliable, so I can't imagine that they're app would be anything but good. Also I like the fact that you can remote lock in the free one. They say that back up is coming but I'll bet probably in the paid one. I don't really want to run two. Any help would be great.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I have been using Lookout for a long time now and I have no complaints. It is a great security app and runs flawlessly on my Incredible.

I never knew AVG had an android app though. I have to check this out. Just like you, I have been running it on PC for some time now and probably one of the best (if not the best) free anti-virus programs out. Plus AVG update their software for the PC recently and they also created a PC Tune-up program. I can only imagine what they have in store for android.

Reactions: rustyboy717

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
AVG aparetly recently purchased Droid Security and are in the process of adapting it to their parameters.

I thought i read the Outlook acquired Droid security. I guess I will have to do some research.

UPDATE:

so i looked it up in the market. You were right, AVG did acquire it. I could have sworn it was Lookout but i guess i was wrong.

Last edited:

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Not that I know of, although I have not tried it. I'm kind of a memory freak. One thing that might happen though is one might detect the other as a problem. I tried two on my PC and that is what happens.

Yeah, that's why I asked. Hm, anybody know which one is easier on your battery?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463