Here to answer your Questions About Trapster

mostendorf34

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
just downloaded it, i will let you know what i think in a week or two after testing it out... it should come in handy during my commutes between boston and philly for school!

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Goofiness yesterday...the day before it worked great, announced red lights, the map moved, etc. Yesterday, filled with confidence, but driving this time, fired it up, spent ten minutes logging in, which it hadn't asked for the day before...and after doing so, it was different. The red lights didn't show during my first trip, no announcements, etc. The second trip, suddenly the lights were back, got announcements, but it wasn't tracking on the map! I had to keep moving the map. Finally, near the end of my trip, all was well. Just mentioning this since I know they're still fiddling with it.

I still love it!

Sean@trapster.com

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Goofiness yesterday...the day before it worked great, announced red lights, the map moved, etc. Yesterday, filled with confidence, but driving this time, fired it up, spent ten minutes logging in, which it hadn't asked for the day before...and after doing so, it was different. The red lights didn't show during my first trip, no announcements, etc. The second trip, suddenly the lights were back, got announcements, but it wasn't tracking on the map! I had to keep moving the map. Finally, near the end of my trip, all was well. Just mentioning this since I know they're still fiddling with it.

I still love it!

hi Zorro1,

Thanks for the feedback, and support.

hmm, I will try to recreate this bug here in the office.

The app will always ask you to login, or you can choose demo, and you will be able to use the app, but not enter traps, vote on traps, etc.

Once logged in, the app will keep you logged in, unless you go into settings and log out.

Any command on the map will stop the GPS from following you, to get a GPS lock again, tap the "target" icon.

Please let me know if you see the "disappearing traps" bug again.

Thanks,

Sean

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Sean, will play again tomorrow. Snow day today, locked down!

Oh, so you mean if I click on a map icon to confirm it, the lock turns off? Seems like it ought to return to lock once you exit that screen...if that's what you mean.

Sean@trapster.com

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Sean, will play again tomorrow. Snow day today, locked down!

Oh, so you mean if I click on a map icon to confirm it, the lock turns off? Seems like it ought to return to lock once you exit that screen...if that's what you mean.

Yes, anytime you touch the map, it will unlock the gps. This is so you can report a trap easier.

R

Roy Aguilera

How long does a trap stay on there. Lets say you see a speed gun at a cetain spot and then it moves. The old one is no longer at the original spot, yet you updated the map with the new one. Just hopping that the map in my area will not become swamped with old traps that are no longe existant.

Sean@trapster.com

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
How long does a trap stay on there. Lets say you see a speed gun at a cetain spot and then it moves. The old one is no longer at the original spot, yet you updated the map with the new one. Just hopping that the map in my area will not become swamped with old traps that are no longe existant.

Please read: Trapster? - Getting Started

Goes over how long traps will stay active, and everything else about traps.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Worked like a charm today. The user now knows how to get it to re-Locate so that it follows me! And I love how it's interactive, so that I can thumbs down on a reputed red light camera which ain't there!, and confirm one that wasn't yet confirmed. Beauty. And while plugged in, it still charged! albeit slowly. Just nice to know that while Trapster loves power, the plug can handle it!

Sean@trapster.com

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Worked like a charm today. The user now knows how to get it to re-Locate so that it follows me! And I love how it's interactive, so that I can thumbs down on a reputed red light camera which ain't there!, and confirm one that wasn't yet confirmed. Beauty. And while plugged in, it still charged! albeit slowly. Just nice to know that while Trapster loves power, the plug can handle it!

Thanks for the feedback!

Keep it coming

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Sean, I was disappointed to discover that I can't navigate via Google maps and use Trapster at the same time. So I can either see my route, or I can see the traps! I guess I had hoped that it might overlay somehow...

Sean@trapster.com

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Sean, I was disappointed to discover that I can't navigate via Google maps and use Trapster at the same time. So I can either see my route, or I can see the traps! I guess I had hoped that it might overlay somehow...

You can get directions in Trapster, or run Trapster in the background while using Google Maps.

Thanks,

Sean

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, will play more then. Directions in Trapster would be the more logical choice. How does running Trapster in the background while navigating help? You'd have to be flipping back and forth?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton