Here to answer your Questions About Trapster

Sean@trapster.com

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
*Official Trapster Thread*

380772896.jpg

droid1.png

380772925.jpg

Overview: Trapster is a FREE app which alerts you of speed traps, red light and speed cameras, police check points, and other wallet hazards.

How Does Trapster Work?: http://trapster.com/presentation.php

android_driving_sm.jpg

Please let me know of any issues with the Trapster app.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Fastest way to reach me is to shoot me an email: Sean@trapster.com

Resources:

Trapster Blog

trapster (trapster) on Twitter

Are a fan?:
http://faceook.com/trapster

If you do not have trapster, simply type in trapster.com on your mobile browser.

Last edited:

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hey Sean, just downloaded it last night, and playing with it today. I get the impression that this is kind of Beta-ish for the Droid so far? I don't have the options that you show for the iPhone re: notifications, like what I want and don't to show. (3 week old accidents, for example! Which is another question...how do we delete old info?) And even after shutting down gps, 3G and wifi...it was still running. I assume this might have something to do with the push technology? When I went to Quit, which isn't easy to access...it didn't for several attempts. Finally, it did...

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I agree. I have used it a few times and I think it has great possibilities. Why do old sightings show up? I thought only things 24 hours old would show up.

One other thing. Why does the map tracking go in weird ways? I would expect the map to move around your position (like a gps) and follow you instead of going backwards and sideways. Very hard to track that way. (I have positioned the phone different ways and it doesnt seem to matter).

Sean@trapster.com

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hey Sean, just downloaded it last night, and playing with it today. I get the impression that this is kind of Beta-ish for the Droid so far? I don't have the options that you show for the iPhone re: notifications, like what I want and don't to show. (3 week old accidents, for example! Which is another question...how do we delete old info?) And even after shutting down gps, 3G and wifi...it was still running. I assume this might have something to do with the push technology? When I went to Quit, which isn't easy to access...it didn't for several attempts. Finally, it did...

Yes Trapster is still in Beta. I think you mean 3 week old traps, the android version does not have all of the features that the iphone version has, but we will continue to add more. We do filter traps that have not been voted on in the last 3 weeks, and they turn into "aged traps" which will not show up on any of the mobile platforms, only on the website's trapmap. Aged traps will become active if someone votes them back up, or reports a trap in their vicinity. Choosing to not run trapster in the background should shut it down completely, I will look into this to see if there is a bug.

I agree. I have used it a few times and I think it has great possibilities. Why do old sightings show up? I thought only things 24 hours old would show up.

One other thing. Why does the map tracking go in weird ways? I would expect the map to move around your position (like a gps) and follow you instead of going backwards and sideways. Very hard to track that way. (I have positioned the phone different ways and it doesnt seem to matter).

Please view Trapster? - Getting Started to get familiar with trap types and confidence levels, and also how long certain traps stay active on the trapmap. The map does not rotate dynamically based on your direction of travel, but we have heard this request, and will definitely try to get it in the app.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming! :)

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, Sean. Will read that link. As to aged traps, in my opinion, if they're for accidents, they should fade away rather quickly. You'll know if it's huge since it will get continually reported. A few hours at most should be the limit. Speed traps, I dunno. I want this for redlights around Chicago now, since the communities have all discovered this cash cow. Thanks for the app, by the way, you may well save many of several hundred dollar tix.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the link. One other thing. Since the Droid has such a hi-res screen, can you provide an option for larger fonts in the popups, etc .. esp. since we are driving. I don't want to have to concentrate on the screen to read an alert (I know there is audio, but my car is LOUD) ..

Sean@trapster.com

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the link. One other thing. Since the Droid has such a hi-res screen, can you provide an option for larger fonts in the popups, etc .. esp. since we are driving. I don't want to have to concentrate on the screen to read an alert (I know there is audio, but my car is LOUD) ..

Thanks for the suggestion.

mostendorf34

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
i came across this app in the market but didn't want to pull the trigger without more info, i'm short on time right now but i'm subscribed to this thread as it is exactly what i'm looking for, if i end up getting it i will let you know what i think....

thanks for the info!

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Let's hope with the update last week that it turns off more quickly then! And hide on one of the side home screens....

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Had some time to play today since the wife was driving. The update changes everything! We have control over every setting imaginable...very customizable and way cool. Still took more than a couple tries to get it to shutdown...and it loves power! Otherwise, way cool, love this thing. Showed me a red light in our area that was new and didn't get publicized.

Sean@trapster.com

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Had some time to play today since the wife was driving. The update changes everything! We have control over every setting imaginable...very customizable and way cool. Still took more than a couple tries to get it to shutdown...and it loves power! Otherwise, way cool, love this thing. Showed me a red light in our area that was new and didn't get publicized.

Hi Zorro1,

Thanks for the feedback!

What exactly was the issue with shutting down?

And yes, GPS & loading traps requires a lot of juice, I recommend getting a car charger, and a windshield dock.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Car charger and dock on the way, Sean!

OK, let me remember. I think I might have shut down gps first, and then went to the drop down notification for Trapster, clicked that, and stopped it. But the notification was still there. Went inside for 20 minutes, figuring it would clear...notification was still there. Pressed it again, and shocked to see that it was still tracking even tho' the gps had been turned off! Went to running apps, pressed it there, took a couple tries and it finally asked if I wanted it running the background (btw, that checkbox in the settings was NOT checked), I said no, and it shut down.

Pretty minor deal, if you're plugged into power!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois