Shazam iphone vs android

poko2121

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have an EVO and my friend has an iPhone. Recently I realized that when using shazam, the iphone is able to tag music that my evo can't tag. Is the iphone shazam app different than the android one?

How come the iphone can pick up songs that the android can't pick up?

Thanks

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Nope, no difference. At least from the tagging standpoint. Theoretically, both devices side by side tagging the same sample should produce the same results. If you're failing to tag the same sample from Shazam's servers, I'd say it's a microphone efficiency issue.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
It should be the same , but i get your point
My Friend & i have Shazem in our phones
Every time i wanna know the name of the song playing (i.e. in a cafe) We both use Shazem to find out it name & it works only for him (plus he already have unlimited times of tagging while i only got 7 times a month ,both of us got the free app)
I've Motorola MileStone & he have iPhone 3G S
We tried it many times until i finally removed it

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Strange. I've never had a problem tagging (I have even been able to in noisy restaurants and even in a very noisy hockey arena)

As for the free thing Shazam switched to a paid app a couple of months ago, but anyone who downloaded it before that date was grandfathered into the "free for life" thing.

At least for the android app. I assume the iPhone app is similar as far as free vs. paid.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am impressed how well Shazam works on my Evo. Even in a noisy restaurant, only hearing a song on speakers in the ceiling, I am able to tag. I have only ever been impressed with how well it works.

You could try SoundHound but I think you may have a bad mic.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
^ Yep I tested it with my GS3 and my iPad, and the iPad correctly identified it as the remix, while Android did not. Strange as it should hit the same database, I would think. On the plus side though, Android said "This is a crappy song" while the iPad did not give such a warning :)

I actually sent their customer support an email. I'll let you know if I hear back. I also seem to recall awhile ago doing a Shazam vs. Soundhound comparison (on Android) and Soundhound was correctly identifying remixes while Shazam did not.

maxi_mus

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually just installed Soundhound a couple of days ago to compare and in my case out of 3 tracks it recognized none, and I'm not just talking about remixes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital