Gmail update?

androidpiper

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 mini running kitkat but haven't received the Gmail update released a while ago. I have been getting other Google app updates though. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have an answer? Thanks for any advice.

Androidpiper

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

davidblake

Banned
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 mini running kitkat but haven't received the Gmail update released a while ago. I have been getting other Google app updates though. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have an answer? Thanks for any advice.

Androidpiper

Which gmail update you are talking about ? Are you talking about inbox by Google team or something else ? I couldn't get the idea actually maybe you should let me know about the build version of the gmail you are talking about.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I just installed Gmail 5.0, and it's working great. It's not as pretty as the app I was using for my exchange email, but it's better than having to use separate apps for personal and work email. Hopefully we get some theme options down the road.

androidpiper

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I just installed Gmail 5.0, and it's working great. It's not as pretty as the app I was using for my exchange email, but it's better than having to use separate apps for personal and work email. Hopefully we get some theme options down the road.
Officially or side loaded (I think that's the right term)?

garment69

Banned
May 10, 2013
Visit site

I downloaded but can't get my corporate email to work. Keeps telling me my user name or password are incorrect.

Posted via the Android Central App

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Loaded the APK. On the Exchange side, the app needs tons of work. See my review in the main page article comments.

garment69

Banned
May 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. They tell you to type in your user name, but it needs to be the domain name. Hopefully the combined inbox view becomes an option in the near future.

Yes. That's what I needed to do as well.

mikecosmo

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I got the update from the play store this morning as well. Have a couple of questions:
1. I added my work IMAP account but there is no push support. I can only sync the account at intervals (ex. Every 5minutes). I have set up this account using the CloudMagic app and it supported push no problem. Any ideas?
2. I cannot add an exchange account. My only options are gmail or IMAP/pop3. How can I fix this?

Posted via Android Central App

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I got the update from the play store this morning as well. Have a couple of questions:
1. I added my work IMAP account but there is no push support. I can only sync the account at intervals (ex. Every 5minutes). I have set up this account using the CloudMagic app and it supported push no problem. Any ideas?
2. I cannot add an exchange account. My only options are gmail or IMAP/pop3. How can I fix this?

Posted via Android Central App

IMAP doesn't support push in this app. Lame.

Force close Gmail from Apps in Settings and restart. You should see Exchange option.