Just picked up the Droid Turbo (Kitkat) coming from a Droid 4. The specs are beast but even still if I try and use SMS BackupRestore to restore thousands and thousands of SMS messages the Messaging App will crash every time I start it up. You could ask why I'd need to have so many texts on there and the answer is I don't... but the question *I* have is why can't it handle it.... it's just text after all ! Are there 'stronger' 3rd party apps that can handle it? At the very least I'm glad to see the 999 limit per thread that I had on Jellybean is gone.
    10-31-2014 01:47 AM
    Just picked up the Droid Turbo (Kitkat) coming from a Droid 4. The specs are beast but even still if I try and use SMS BackupRestore to restore thousands and thousands of SMS messages the Messaging App will crash every time I start it up. You could ask why I'd need to have so many texts on there and the answer is I don't... but the question *I* have is why can't it handle it.... it's just text after all ! Are there 'stronger' 3rd party apps that can handle it? At the very least I'm glad to see the 999 limit per thread that I had on Jellybean is gone.
    Well, that was weird I think Hangout can easily store your massive messages or the stock messaging app is enough to keep you on the right track I don't think there is a need of any other... but if you still want to give it a go then you can try your luck with Handcent SMS as it also offers complete difference and is also powerful enough to store your lots and lots of messages.
    10-31-2014 02:52 AM
    I've found that its best to be on a solid WiFi network. Also most of the time SMS+ stops during the restore is because you get a text. Remember, to restore, SMS backup+ basically has to assume the role of system SMS app and new texts are routed to it and that causes it to be interrupted. Try doing the restore sometime when you know you shouldn't be receiving texts like late at night.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-01-2014 06:59 PM