Dish Network App Available

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
From Engadget:

Dish Network watching Android owners are no longer in the "TV anywhere" dark?a new app for your phone will turn it into a remote control, manage your DVR from afar, and (best of all!) stream video.

Remote video will require a compatible Sling device at home, but works over WiFi or 3G, which is a treat. And more of a treat? It's free

It's in the Market Place now.

jenbeast#AC

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone successfully get this to work? I can see my recordings and it gives me the option to play on my phone but then it "searches" forever and never loads. It does get it to play on my receiver and the remote option works but I want to play it on my phone :)

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone successfully get this to work? I can see my recordings and it gives me the option to play on my phone but then it "searches" forever and never loads. It does get it to play on my receiver and the remote option works but I want to play it on my phone :)

Same here.

heberman

May 13, 2010
Visit site
You need the Sling adapter for dish network or the 922 DVR for this app to work. If you don't have the equipment, it won't work.

fettman24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes without the sling adapter or the 922 you only have the ability to check the program guide. Now if you have the Sling Adapter connected and a compatible receiver you would be able to watch live TV or any of your recorded content on your android, this works on tablets too. Being a DISH employee I know that you can't do this with any other provider, just some limited content that's available other places online anyway. Free download in the Android market.

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
to expand on what fettman24 said. Without the slingbox, you can browse your guide, change the channel on the tv, set dvr recordings, and pause, rewind, and fastforward live tv. So even without the slingbox its still a very useful app.

The slingbox just adds the ability to watch tv on your phone via the dish box.

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would love to be able to use this feature, but I can't imagine how quick it will burn through the battery. I guess I could always get a couple spare batteries. I heard you can get the sling box free if you upgrade your equipment. Is that true?

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I would love to be able to use this feature, but I can't imagine how quick it will burn through the battery. I guess I could always get a couple spare batteries. I heard you can get the sling box free if you upgrade your equipment. Is that true?

free with a new contract for new customers only.....sadly cable and dish providers could give two craps about existing customers. Thats why every two years i switch providers. better perks that way. lol

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded the app on my Xoom and it works great!!!!! Now I really have have to becareful or I will go over my 3gb fast!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781