inbox by Google

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Agreed - got my invite today downloaded and uninstalled an hour later - I think this would be better for people that email like crazy,hence the many folders. I agree dankev - it's too easy to miss e-mails and who wants to check every folder for email???

Nice try but if it aint broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What is it that you all like about it? I tried it for about a day and uninstalled it. Perhaps I'm just used to the regular gmail interface (which I think I might have liked a little more before the 5.0 update), but I didn't like how it was grouping things. I felt like I was going to miss something in the groups. I turned off the bundling. Emails take up more space on the screen because the preview is larger, so I can't see as many at once. I just didn't see the advantage of it over the regular gmail app.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I didn't even last an hour. I just don't get it - I've spent a long, long time developing a method to reading and managing my email (using gmail's features). Why would I give that all up to let Google guess at how I want it done?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'd be interested to see Google's usage stats on how many continue to use it once people have installed the app or tried the website.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I initially discarded inbox back when it was a beta, thought it was over complex and confusing. Got my new invite, and had the same impression yet kept trying to go back to it occasionally. Initially, I just closed it and went back to Gmail. Now that I have everything setup right (pinned conversations, grouping), I use Inbox 90% of the time.

Tooflex

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I think that the idea is great but its a little difficult to use. It need some time to get used to it, but very effective then

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
If anyone else has an invite, I'd love to have one. It's been two weeks since my initial email requesting one and I haven't received it yet. Thanks in advance if anyone has an extra one.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87