Does anyone else here think that the Bank of America app is next to useless? More and more banks are allowing you to take pictures of checks and depositing them, viewing pictures of cashed checks and deposits from within the app and etc. I have actually wound up using BofA's mobile site because it has more functionality.

Incredibly disappointing for me because I am coming over from USAA, which had an AMAZING mobile app for Android.
    11-26-2010 09:00 AM
    Does anyone else here think that the Bank of America app is next to useless? More and more banks are allowing you to take pictures of checks and depositing them, viewing pictures of cashed checks and deposits from within the app and etc. I have actually wound up using BofA's mobile site because it has more functionality.

Incredibly disappointing for me because I am coming over from USAA, which had an AMAZING mobile app for Android.
    More and more? Only 2 do Chase and USAA. Chase is the first major bank that does. Most things happen like this...some big player will try it (competition watches kinks get worked out). Next year everyone will probably have it, from BOA to Wachoiva (wells fargo). Agree that the app needs work though. I use it all the time.

Biggest thing it has going for it is maps integration for getting me to closest atm in new cities. But I travel alot. Mobile site doesn't always play nice on public wifi though as it's not as secure as the app.
    11-26-2010 09:37 AM
    who fusses with paper checks anymore? it's almost 2011.
    11-26-2010 10:15 AM
    LOL! Unfortunately, I still get them from the older members of my family for things like Christmas and such.
    11-26-2010 10:18 AM
    who fusses with paper checks anymore? it's almost 2011.
    If you're a small business owner or an independent contractor you deal with paper checks on a consistent basis.

And I agree the app leaves much to be desired. The only feature is transferring funds and I rarely do that.
    11-26-2010 12:30 PM
    If you're a small business owner or an independent contractor you deal with paper checks on a consistent basis.

And I agree the app leaves much to be desired. The only feature is transferring funds and I rarely do that.
    +1. I am a small business owner and my customers pay me either by paper check (~75%), Credit Card (~20%) and cash (~5%). Checks are still alive and kicking and I doubt they are going to disappear any time soon, unfortunately.
    11-26-2010 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD