Notification Help

soccerstudbr

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello all ,

I am going to be purchasing a Droid this week. I think an INC. I wanted to know is there an app that will enable a pop up to be shown on the screen when I receive an IM. Reason why I ask is I am coming from a Dare and when someone signs on or sends me an IM the screen turns white and therefore it is easy to see.

Wondering if there is an app that will do something similar because I do not think the LED will catch my attention or a ringtone if I have a radio on.

Thanks for your help.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey there soccerstudbr, welcome to the forums!

There are several great popup apps in the Android Market, but they all revolve around SMS/MMS and Gmail. I do not think there are any at the moment that will display a popup targeting instant messages.

Which IM service do you plan on using?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm...

I personally don't use any of the popup notification apps so I can't say for complete sure...SMS Popup seems to be the most popular one, but I do not think it has support for IM's, but I could be wrong.

You can find it here if you want to at least try it out and see for yourself.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, honestly? I just don't see why anyone using Android would want pop-ups. I like how Android handles notifications as it is.

blashandroid

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, honestly? I just don't see why anyone using Android would want pop-ups. I like how Android handles notifications as it is.

Can you configure the phone to wake-up, turn on the screen and present a dialogue box to type/talk an immediate reply to an IM, email, or SMS without a third party application? SMS Popup does that and it does it well (just for SMS/MMS). If I can configure similar notifications, I'll dump the popup and go native. Thanks in advance....