ADW.Launcher.. I need help!!

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
So I made the mistake of dragging an app icon to the middle button that normally opens your app drawer.. how can I undo this? I dont want to reset all my settings..

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
what do you mean?

the middle button used to open my app drawer.. now it's got an application there and I can't remove the icon to get it back to opening my app drawer.. I can't even get to my apps..

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Just long hold and re assign the spot. Doesn't ADW do that? if not get launcher pro, problem solved.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It doesnt.. I've tried long holding and even just reset my settings.. I accidently moved my stupid camera app to the center button and now I cant get rid of it!

I would use launcherpro but I like ADW's features better.. swipe up/swipe down actions, hide notification bar, etc..

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Ah fixed it. Read up on ADW's site. I guess the middle button is just an shortcut lol..

Menu/Add/Custom Shortcut/pick activity/Launcher Actions/Open-Close App drawer

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Launcher pro does all that and then some friend. I have gestures, hide/show notification by swype, 3d, color choice on highlight, on and on, plus many dock options, on and on. I have used them both. I can do a lot more with pro, re size widgets, custom icons.....my friend, try it and go through the help section in it, it runs deep.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmm.. so you can do swipe up and down actions? right now I have my notification bar hidden, so when I swipe down anywhere on the screen it brings the bar down.. then anywhere ont he screen I can swipe up and it'll open Google Gesture Search.

I'll check out LP, but I've used it in the past on my other droids.. Maybe they've added a ton of new features.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
They have bro, you can set a plethora of swype actions. I have always liked ADW too, but I never get FC with LP. But I haven't run ADW in a long while, so that may have been resolved?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've never had the FC issue.. my DX with ADW is all customized, custom icons, themed, i like it.. its taken me awhile to get it setup like this, thats why I flipped out when i set that middle action button.. lol

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't blame you one bit. Changed my app drawer icon and freaked like you did. good to hear ADW is smokin. I love LP option to back up to SD card. Slick

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I perfer ADW, myself. Partially because it came with CyanogenMod, partially because it's practically at feature parity with LauncherPro (I do miss my LauncherPro widgets, though, even if they stupidly forced you to place them full screen.), and partially because when I witnessed LauncherPro turn into a buggy piece of crap that FCed on me every hour or two (this was before I rooted my phone) ADW was there and had matured a whole bunch since I last used it. Not to mention I didn't miss a beat making the switch.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
In ADW:
What are app drawers?
What is CyanogenMod?
Is there a good tutorial anywhere for ADW?

I was using Launcher Pro Plus but went back to the default on my EVO. I went back to get it a a couple of weeks ago and I don't even see Launcher Pro Plus anymore in the market or his web page.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Just found CyanogenMod website. Sniffs, are you running it?
Id so, does it make your phone better? Does it help with battery life?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just read more on CyanogenMod and its a little more advanced for me. I tried to go to the tutorial but it is blocked here at work. I will take a look tonight.
Is there a way to hide apps in ADW?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca