I'm moving over from Blackberry and I have about 10 different e-mails that I monitor for work purposes. On the Blackberry each separate e-mail account icon shows a visual notification highlighting which accounts have new mail. As far as I can tell the only notification on the Samsung Fascinate is the generic one on the top bar. This leaves me having to go into each email account folder to see which one has mail. Which is absurd and I can't believe that this isn't a standard feature. Is there an app or setting that emulates how email is highlighted on the BB? I can't imagine there isn't...but if this is the case then it's a complete deal breaker for me and this phone has to go. I've done some searching here on the forums and I haven't found an answer so I apologize if this has already been asked/answered by other users. Can someone help me out?
    11-28-2010 07:20 PM
    Just got my Droid 2 tonight and it replaced my 9650. I feel your pain. Touch and drag down on the notification bar and it will show you the email and take you to the right account.
    11-29-2010 12:16 AM
    I found E-mail Notifier and it lets you set individual icons, with different colors to show which account has email in the status bar. I only have 2 email accounts on my phone so far but I like it. [APP] E-mail Notifier - xda-developers

Hope that helps.
    11-30-2010 09:43 AM
    Which is absurd and I can't believe that this isn't a standard feature.
    What's really absurd is the endless list of features that various people feel "should be standard". IIRC there are notification apps that will do what you're looking for. I haven't been paying close attention as I have no need for them myself but I will post names and links if I run across them again.
    11-30-2010 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD