Just found this and really enjoying it. I've used Dolphin HD since Ive had my EVO, but think I prefer this.
    cpolism, maxima2k53 and biggamer3 like this.
    11-28-2010 09:03 PM
    Not too bad at all. I like most everything about it but the speed. It seems slower than skyfire though. Skyfire has been the fastest browser so far. Loading the actual pages, firefox was really fast as well...but still felt clunky at times and a little rough around the edges. But when that is all fixed I have a feeling firefox/fennec will be the browser to beat.
    11-28-2010 09:26 PM
    ive been using miren for the past couple days and its been perfect for me, the only bug i have found is that when you load up a page and then you want to share something on twitter or facebook, if you get a pop up page and you wanna type something in that pop up page, the keyboard doesnt come up, i already reported it but everything else is perfect, ima try out skyfire and see how it goes for now
    11-29-2010 01:56 AM
    market link?
    11-29-2010 08:47 AM
    I saw Miren on AppBrain but the screenshots made me think it wasn't in English. I'll have to give it a try.

I have been using the stock browser for some time now, having used Dolphin for a while I just liked the simplicity and quickness of stock.
    11-29-2010 09:23 AM
    11-29-2010 09:26 AM
    Cool. I am gonna give it a spin.
    11-29-2010 09:31 AM
    thanks for this thread!

best browser out there and i have tried them all.

really love the simplicity and beauty of the initial homepage
    11-29-2010 06:32 PM
    The more I use it the more I'm liking it. Great browser.
    11-29-2010 07:31 PM
    I was using Dolphin HD, which does have some cool features, but does seem a bit cluttered and takes up a lot of cache that I have to constantly clean / delete.

This seems to be a nice alternative, but it also seems to load slower that Dolphin HD or stock.

I'd be curious if someone can list a few improvements over Dolphin HD.

So far I do like what I see, it is very clean and would agree that it is intuitive. Not sure that I like the tabbed browsing being persistently at the top and not giving a true full screen experience, unless I am missing a setting?

Also a "Save to SD" feature is essential, especially with so many devices up-to-date in terms of firmware.

I think that an app taking up internal space is no longer a viable option and in some case, will decide whether or not I install / use it.

Not a big app / browser, but Dolphin at least allows you to save to SD.

I also noticed that it seems to take up a lot of battery, where other browsers do not.

If you go under "Settings" --> "About Phone" --> "Battery" and check the usage, mine is at around 20%. A friend (also with an EVO) downloaded it too and she is showing 50%.
    11-30-2010 01:44 PM
    Skyfire is way faster and lighter on resources... pass!
    11-30-2010 02:56 PM
    Skyfire is way faster and lighter on resources... pass!
    Sky fire is faster but I don't like the ui much, I'm liking dolphin a lot now
    11-30-2010 03:09 PM
    Sky fire is faster but I don't like the ui much, I'm liking dolphin a lot now
    Agreed. Not a fan of the UI. Less likely to use it when I don't like looking at it. In that case, all things being essentially equal, I would just use stock.

Using a combo of Dolphin HD & stock now. Playing around with Miren today and it is a very clean UI.
    11-30-2010 03:43 PM
    Gotta say I really like it.. But hate that it wont reflow the text. I didn't see an option to change that either. Until that's added as an option I'll be sticking with Dolphin, but if they do I may very well use this instead.
    11-30-2010 05:05 PM
    Ok I'm editing my whole post. Got this browser messed with it for around 15-20 minutes. Loved it! I go to local radio stations websites and click listen live and I love how you can open other apps and do other stuff and the music plays in the background. Pages were laoding slow but now I just had a couple load fast. Something happened and my screen wouldn't rotate so I was starting to not like it anymore. My friend with an EVO also said mine rotates. Then I remembered this lock and me locking something so I figured out I locked the screen and you can lock it either way. But I like the forward and back and I like how the home has those 8 squares kind of like Operas speed dial. I can't figure out how to copy and paste though. I saw where under settings it said copy but then it said copied to clipbiard. I've seen that before whne I've hit it by accident on the other browser and don't even know how where it is or how to access the clipboard. But on the stock browser which I mostly used even though I had Dolphin I could copy and get it to highlight green than share it though mail or text. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

I also clicked on a couple you tube videos and when I hit play nothing happened then one played. I just now logged into my you tube page and one played. Then I decided to go under my bookmarks and go to a page I hadn't been to yet and it loaded quick. Not like earlier. So I am guessing I'll make this my default. Now I did check my battery status and it said 77% of my battery was being used by this browser so that's not good but I have my phone plugged in so I am good for now. I Know this browser is new so maybe an update will be out soon to fix any bugs but I went from liking it to not really liking it to back to liking it now that everything is working and it rotates.
    12-01-2010 01:47 AM
    What does reflow the text mean?

Gotta say I really like it.. But hate that it wont reflow the text. I didn't see an option to change that either. Until that's added as an option I'll be sticking with Dolphin, but if they do I may very well use this instead.
    12-01-2010 01:48 AM
    Text reflow is when you zoom in/out, it'll fit all the text into the screen so you dont have to move left to right to see what you're trying to read. The AOSP browser doesn't do it either (by default), but at least there's an option to enable text reflow. Miren doesn't. That's a deal breaker for me right now.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    12-01-2010 01:55 AM
    i started using the default again, i read that 2.3 gingerbread will have the tabs which is what i really want
    12-01-2010 10:25 AM
    Moved to the applications forum so we can share this information with those not fortune enough to have an EVO.

Later,
    Dave
    12-01-2010 12:26 PM
    Wow I posted a thread about this browser weeks ago. You all are to slow.
    12-01-2010 01:13 PM
    Text reflow is when you zoom in/out, it'll fit all the text into the screen so you dont have to move left to right to see what you're trying to read. The AOSP browser doesn't do it either (by default), but at least there's an option to enable text reflow. Miren doesn't. That's a deal breaker for me right now.
    You can reflow by double tapping on the text you want to reflow.

I personally am not a fan of the pinch-to-zoom automatic reflow that some browsers have. When I pinch to zoom in on a button to click it for example, I don't want the whole screen to reflow and for the position of the button I was going to click on to change.

I much prefer the reflow in Miren.
    12-07-2010 08:29 AM
    I also prefer this kind of zooming. I hate the text reflow in the stock browser or the other browsers. It always kicks me somewhere that I didn't want. When I zoom to a button like "Answer", "Page 4" etc. than I can do this perfectly with the Miren Browser!

And because of the fact that Pinch-To-Zoom doens't have text reflow and you have to doubletap (which is a really really good idea) it is the BEST browser on the market. Devs, please don't change this or if you want, than please let a option in the settings to customize the zoom.

It was really exhausting with my old browser, I tried to find a way to disable text reflow forever...but there wasn't. App-Mods for text reflow still just avaible for Desire and the Evo 4G.

This browser changed everything, now I love it!
    12-23-2010 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD