YouTube not working on my Tegra Note 7

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Every time I try to watch a video on my tablet, I get the same error. "Connection to server lost. Touch to retry." I tried clearing the cache, clearing data, and even uninstalling and reinstalling updates. Still nothing. YouTube works just fine on my phone, but I can't get anything to play on my tablet. Can anyone help?

Joseph Pugliese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you rooted or anything? because I have rooted, unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP and I'm not sure if it is any of those. All of this with the most updated software.

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
No root. Stock ROM. The only thing custom on it is the launcher (Nova), but there's no way that's gonna cause any issues with YouTube.

Dimzin

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I've got an evga Tegranote - P1640.
I had this problem for a couple/few weeks now and finally got P'd enough to look into it.
Read alot of different posts and possible solutions and finally opted to try a combination of them.
Here's what I did (in order, not sure if any other order'd make a difference though)
1st, uninstalled youtube updates (back to factory)
2nd, changed my dns to googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
3rd, cleared chromes cookies/history.
Restarted and it works consistently now. No swinging dead chicken over my head during full moon, waiting till the k-index is low or any other kinda black magic.. :)
-D-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34