Chrome not loading pages

gavril

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
For a while, my version of mobile Chrome has been failing to load webpages (I am running v4.0.3 of the OS). When I submit a new URL, the browser idles as if I hadn't done anything, or the fill-bar (showing how much of a page has been loaded) starts to fill up and then stalls. Other browsers on my phone (Firefox, Dolphin) do not have this problem: they load pages right away as long as my connection is good.

I've tried clearing Chrome's data cache and then reinstalling the app, but it seems not to make any difference. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

gavril

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any menus at the top of the Chrome window, just the URL field. If I click the "menu" button on my phone, I get many options including "go back/forward one page" -- is that what you mean?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any menus at the top of the Chrome window, just the URL field. If I click the "menu" button on my phone, I get many options including "go back/forward one page" -- is that what you mean?
Without seeing a picture, probably. That should be a list of options that can be scrolled through.

gavril

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Actually, to correct what I said, there is only a "forward" option in the menu itself: to go back a page, I just press the "undo" button at the bottom of my phone.

I tried doing that recently (going back one page) when a URL was failing to load on Chrome, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I think I will just stick with Firefox on my device until I can figure out what's causing Chrome to do this.