08-22-2012 07:53 AM
133 1234 ...
tools
    I tried this again last night and still the same thing. I don't know if it's just my phone, but the dialer is so small it's not practical for me. I don't have huge hands but I do have big hands, and that coupled with me not always wearing my glasses if I'm not at work is enough to not keep this one until a solution can be found either due to my phone or the app itself.

Dialer one still works great for me.
    Hi,

Can you post a screenshot ?

TIA
    05-28-2010 12:42 AM
    The stock android dialer would save and update your favourites. And would auto move contacts depending on how many times you call or reciever a call so I call Joe 8 times mind 7 Ron3 so Joe would b first mind 2 Ron e I didn't have to mark any one my favorites I miss this feature with the HTC dialer.
    make your contacts that you call a favorite in you gmail account then import them...very easy.
    05-28-2010 09:06 AM
    Update, I redownloaded the same version, installed it, and don't see any option to increase the display size of the buttons, icons, etc. All other apps I have installed all display normally.
    Hi,

Would you be willing to test a build I will email you ?

I want to see if I solved this issue of display size.

If it's ok by you - send me an email at contact(at)shsh(dot)com

TIA

Shimon
    06-01-2010 04:47 AM
    sure, I'll drop you an email today.

oh, btw, this is the same person as Chillout, just had to make a new screen name cuz the old one got screwed up.

Thanks,
    06-01-2010 08:41 AM
    One feature that I would like to see is the option to automatically combine entries from the same contact on the call log.

Coming from BB, I was used to doing most of my calling from the call log screen and have been thwarted in those efforts on Android due to the unwieldy way it handles entries from the same contact.
    06-01-2010 09:33 AM
    One feature that I would like to see is the option to automatically combine entries from the same contact on the call log.

Coming from BB, I was used to doing most of my calling from the call log screen and have been thwarted in those efforts on Android due to the unwieldy way it handles entries from the same contact.
    Hi,

Not sure I understand wht you mean - do you want to be able to see all calls to/from the same contact (calls history) - that's already implemented.

Or do you mean merging all calls to/from a contact into one line in the general call log ?
    06-01-2010 02:15 PM
    Or do you mean merging all calls to/from a contact into one line in the general call log ?
    This one. I can receive 20+ calls from my boss on any given day, and that buries other entries pretty quickly.

The BB Call log behaves this way by default.
    06-01-2010 04:16 PM
    I just tried out a new build that the developer emailed me. It fixed my issue perfectly; the dialer and pictures are all proportionate now and look very nice. So far so good, thanks!!!!!
    06-02-2010 01:44 PM
    I'm getting an Evo on Friday and will be trying out Takephone on the Andriod. I have it on my Palm Centro today, and have for about 3 years One of , if not the Must-Have app on my Centro.

Since i can't get into the market until I get my phone, what is the price of the Android Version? If it's still $20 like the Palm, is there any sort of discount for us old Palm upgraders?

Also are there any 'core' features of the Palm app that didn't translate to the Android? Wondering if I'll be missing any features I've come to love. (I really hope the contact search/dial functionality is somehow built in, it was the reason I loved it so much.)
    06-02-2010 02:34 PM
    Hi,

Welcome to the Android world.

1. Pricing is very different - $5 (currently discounted to $3).

2. Many of the features are there. Many of them will be added as the app evolves.
    06-02-2010 02:45 PM
    Hi,

Wanted everybody to know I just released an update to aTAKEphONE - the Android version of TAKEphONE).

*** New in 1.22 ***

- Automatically clears 'Missed call/s' notification.

- Added option (see application settings) to show a landscape keypad even when hardware keyboard is closed (for use in car cradles).

- Added option to show a 'Call' button at the bottom (on the current selected tab) to make calling easier (off by default, turn on in settings).

- Added option to move the 'BkSp' button down to the keypad to make using it easier (off by default, turn on in settings).

- Many more tweaks.

Price of app is discounted for 2 months - now only $3.

You can get a full-featured 30 days trial at ShSh Software

Thanks !
    06-02-2010 03:32 PM
    Ha! $3 sure beats the palm price... it's worth it just to check it out.. Thanks. can't wait for Friday!
    06-02-2010 05:47 PM
    One more question..I tried out Takephone but honestly it's very similar to the HTC Sense dialer (has the searching which is my main focus) but Takephone has one feature I LOVE and wondered if any expansion would be done on it in the short term.

You used to call it the "Ibar" when it was released for Palm.. it's the photobar that allows 1 click dialing. Love it Love it Love it... in fact I want a 1x4 (or 1x3, 4x1 and 4x3) widget for my home screen. I rarely would use the dialer if I could find a way to add a scrollable bar of say 5 or 6 pictures at once in portrait mode (Huge Evo Screen so no need to stick to the 4 icons per row).

Are there any plans to add such a dialer bar widget feature either as part of Takephone or even seperately?
    06-09-2010 09:34 AM
    One more question..I tried out Takephone but honestly it's very similar to the HTC Sense dialer (has the searching which is my main focus) but Takephone has one feature I LOVE and wondered if any expansion would be done on it in the short term.

You used to call it the "Ibar" when it was released for Palm.. it's the photobar that allows 1 click dialing. Love it Love it Love it... in fact I want a 1x4 (or 1x3, 4x1 and 4x3) widget for my home screen. I rarely would use the dialer if I could find a way to add a scrollable bar of say 5 or 6 pictures at once in portrait mode (Huge Evo Screen so no need to stick to the 4 icons per row).

Are there any plans to add such a dialer bar widget feature either as part of Takephone or even seperately?
    Will probably do it. It's on my list...
    06-09-2010 12:45 PM
    Great! Can't wait for that widget.. even better if it's 'swipeable' I don't care if it's up/down or across, but I hate having to 'click' to move through panels.
    06-11-2010 03:23 PM
    Hi,

Afraid swipe cant be done, due to the nature of widgets interface.
    06-12-2010 02:34 PM
    I loved TAKEphONE back in the Palm days & am looking forward to trying it out.
    I used it with my Treo a zillion years ago and thought it was great. Downloaded the trial but there is no way to change the default on the phone soft button on an INC to make it useful. Would have to have a shortcut on a home page I guess.
    06-12-2010 06:15 PM
    I used it with my Treo a zillion years ago and thought it was great. Downloaded the trial but there is no way to change the default on the phone soft button on an INC to make it useful. Would have to have a shortcut on a home page I guess.
    I've never used an incredible, but when I have two applications on my Evo that can do the same thing, it opens up a choice dialog where I tell it Which app to use, much like the Home Selector.

I had problems with aTakePhone and the home button on my HTC SenseUI but got it working (though I'm not sure exactly how now).

Try this.. find an application that auto-dials a person (like maybe a link in an email) and see if it asks which application.. if so tell it takephone and 'remember this action'.. that should also force the button as well... but then again if it's a MotoBlur issue it might not work.. no clue.

I can say it works fine on the Sprint EVO with SenseUI as the home launcher.
    06-12-2010 07:00 PM
    Hi all,

Just got my hands on a Nexus with OS 2.2 (FroYo), and it has the same issue - the on-screen PHONE button is hard-coded to launch the built-in PHONE app.

Afraid it seems they wrote it so NO other app can take over that button.

Sorry - currently only workaround I can offer is to put the aTAKEphONE icon on the launcher screen...

Any other offers are most welcome !
    06-15-2010 01:02 AM
    I don't have any suggestions for the Phone button issue, but I have several suggestions for the app. (By the way, the EVO will let me assign TakePhone as the default app for the on screen phone button!)

Up until last week, I'd been using TakePhone on Palm for years. aTP has some nice features, but there are at least a couple of things that will keep me from buying it as it is today.

(1) First, and foremost, T9 sucks for searching contacts. I paid hundreds of dollars for a smartphone with an alphabetic keyboard, why would I want to use the same input method a $19 phone from Wally World uses? One of the best features of TP is the ability to search companies. So let's say I want people who work at IBM. I hit 4-2-6 and get all my IBM contacts, but also people named Handburg, and Hamilton, and Gamestop, and.....

(Note, I have an EVO, without a physical keyboard. The App needs to work with the on-screen alpha keyboard. Most Android phones don't have a physical one. If there's a way to force the on-screen keyboard to open, it isn't obvious.)

Let me use the built-in keyboard (in landscape AND portrait, please) to search contacts, so the app knows I mean "IBM" when I type I-B-M. You can leave the standard number pad as the default display, but when I tap on the "Enter a name or...." field bring up the keyboard, just like other Android apps. (Put the Help functionality under the Menu button, like other Android apps.)

Fix this, and I'll buy the app, and hope you fix the item below, too.

(2) The search results screen doesn't show enough information, because half the screen is taken up by the keyboard. The Palm version has separate search and keypad screens. Either do the same thing with the Android version, or give me a way to hide the keypad when search results are displayed. I think I'd prefer it to automatically devote the whole screen to the results, but a close keyboard button would be marginally acceptable. You could also shrink the font for the names in the search results screen a lot, which would allow me to see more entries. You could even let the user decide on the font size as a setting option.

(3) Not a functional issue, really, but it would be cool to be able to swipe left and right to shift between the Call Log, Find, Favorites and Dial Pad screens.

I'll keep playing with it, and if I have any other thoughts I'll let you know. But fix (1) and (2), above, and you've got a real winner.

Thanks,
    06-16-2010 02:12 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

Actually these ideas are already on my list (both the qwerty keyboard, and the "hide keypad"). Will probably add them at some stage.

Might also add the swipe thing.

Thanks !
    06-16-2010 02:50 PM
    Thank you Shimon. Looking forward to a version with these features.

One other thought: I'm wondering why TakePhone doesn't appear in the Market. I don't think most users are going to look beyond the market for apps, so they'll never know about TakePhone.
    06-17-2010 08:22 PM
    search "aTakePhone" it is there.

One other thought: I'm wondering why TakePhone doesn't appear in the Market. I don't think most users are going to look beyond the market for apps, so they'll never know about TakePhone.
    06-18-2010 07:57 AM
    I guess I searched for "TakePhone" without the leading "a". And I suspect that's how many people will search, especially those who came from the Palm platform.

Shimon should include the name TakePhone in the description, so it will show up either way.
    06-18-2010 12:16 PM
    One more request, Shimon:

Can you add an option for slow DMTF tones. The stock dialer does the tones so fast some of the conference calling systems I have to use don't recognize the tones.
    06-19-2010 12:53 PM
133 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD