08-22-2012 07:53 AM
133 12345 ...
tools
    I guess I searched for "TakePhone" without the leading "a". And I suspect that's how many people will search, especially those who came from the Palm platform.

Shimon should include the name TakePhone in the description, so it will show up either way.
    Thanks for the tip - did it.
    06-20-2010 02:14 AM
    One more request, Shimon:

Can you add an option for slow DMTF tones. The stock dialer does the tones so fast some of the conference calling systems I have to use don't recognize the tones.
    Hi,

Afraid I can't control the DTMF dialing - it is the built-in dialer app that handles DTMF on a call - Google does not allow 3rd party apps to send DTMF tones on line...
    06-20-2010 02:15 AM
    Shimon,

Can you add the ability to turn off the phone but still toggle BT? This is useful to listen to music on the phone via BT headphones.
    06-23-2010 08:30 PM
    Hi,

Afraid I can't control the DTMF dialing - it is the built-in dialer app that handles DTMF on a call - Google does not allow 3rd party apps to send DTMF tones on line...
    Don't think that's completely accurate. Check out the Dialer One app. It lets the user select DTMF intervals between 50 and 500 milliseconds. The dial-in services that fail with the standard dialer work with dialer one set to 400. (They may work with faster settings, too, but I haven't tried yet.)
    06-23-2010 09:06 PM
    Shimon,

Can you add the ability to turn off the phone but still toggle BT? This is useful to listen to music on the phone via BT headphones.
    Hi,

I will look into this, but not sure I will put this in aTAKEphONE - seems out of scope of the app.
    06-23-2010 10:45 PM
    Don't think that's completely accurate. Check out the Dialer One app. It lets the user select DTMF intervals between 50 and 500 milliseconds. The dial-in services that fail with the standard dialer work with dialer one set to 400. (They may work with faster settings, too, but I haven't tried yet.)
    Hi,

Just tested. These settings in Dialer One refer to it's ability to dial tones via the device speaker, and NOT for playing tones on an actual call (via the carrier).

You can not use them for when making calls to IVRs and stuff from your phone itself (via your carrier), but only when doing the call via a landline phone while holding the Android device next to the speaker.

I will be adding the "dial using DTMF" feature sometimes later on.

Thanks.
    06-23-2010 10:51 PM
    Interesting. All I know is that dialing services that fail with the stock dialer seem to work with Dial One.
    06-24-2010 03:46 PM
    Interesting. All I know is that dialing services that fail with the stock dialer seem to work with Dial One.
    Interesting indeed. Did you try this with aTAKEphONE ?

Anyway - what I say is from Dialer One documentation.
    06-26-2010 03:17 PM
    I love this app. Not only is it a great step up from the stock dialer but I have gotten nothing but quick responses from the dev when I did have questions. It's how the app system should be...not overrun with crappy apps that take the money and run.
    06-26-2010 03:56 PM
    Interesting indeed. Did you try this with aTAKEphONE ?

Anyway - what I say is from Dialer One documentation.
    Not disagreeing with you, just wondering why it seems to make a difference. I'll test again with the stock dialer, Dialer One, and aTAKEphONE and let you know what happens.
    06-26-2010 10:40 PM
    Nice. Like it much better than the stock dialer. One question: Is there any way to make aTAKEpHONE be the default dialer? For example, pressing the phone button would bring up aTAKEpHONE rather than the default dialer.
    06-27-2010 07:03 AM
    Nice. Like it much better than the stock dialer. One question: Is there any way to make aTAKEpHONE be the default dialer? For example, pressing the phone button would bring up aTAKEpHONE rather than the default dialer.
    Hi,

Problem is in ome HTC devices, and in Android 2.2, the on screen PHONE button is HARD-CODED to launch the built-in app, so aTAKEphONE nor any other 3rd party app can't take over...
    06-29-2010 04:20 PM
    Not disagreeing with you, just wondering why it seems to make a difference. I'll test again with the stock dialer, Dialer One, and aTAKEphONE and let you know what happens.
    Please do - I'd be very interested to know.
    06-29-2010 04:21 PM
    Hi all,

Just released a new version of aTAKEphONE.

New :
    - Transparent skins (show system wallpaper).
    - Numbers lookup.
    - Auto-remove missed calls icon.
    - Landscape mode.
    - Handle 'x' in numbers (automated extension calling).

You can get it at the android market, or at my own website (where you can also find a full featured 30 days trial).

Thanks.
    07-02-2010 01:45 AM
    Shimon,

Love the "x: in the numbers for the extention since all my contacts were formatted that way. I did start to convert them to the ";" that android uses. Does TP still recogonize the ; too?
    07-02-2010 06:30 AM
    Shimon,

Love the "x: in the numbers for the extention since all my contacts were formatted that way. I did start to convert them to the ";" that android uses. Does TP still recogonize the ; too?
    Hi,

Yes - it should work ok with ';', too.

Thanks
    07-02-2010 04:44 PM
    nice app. is there any way to turn off the sound effects? sounds like a seal dying on my evo
    07-02-2010 07:52 PM
    How do I turn off the i-bar? I can't find an option in settings?
    07-02-2010 09:48 PM
    nice app. is there any way to turn off the sound effects? sounds like a seal dying on my evo
    Hi,

LOL.

In aTAKEphONE settings, "General prefs" - sound option.

Thanks
    07-03-2010 03:15 AM
    How do I turn off the i-bar? I can't find an option in settings?
    Hi,

In aTAKEphONE "Settings" - "Find/Dial tab" prefs - "When search empty..."

Thanks
    07-03-2010 03:17 AM
    Hi all,

Just released a new version of aTAKEphONE - 1.23 (004)

New :
    * Fix for Xperia X10 devices.
    - Transparent skins (show system wallpaper).
    - Numbers lookup.
    - Auto-remove missed calls icon.
    - Landscape mode.
    - Handle 'x' in numbers (automated extension calling).

You can get it at the android market, or at my own website (where you can also find a full featured 30 days trial).

Thanks.
    07-03-2010 03:19 AM
    ^^^
    Thanks!
    07-03-2010 10:23 PM
    Maybe I'm missing a setting, but I'm hoping to do the following: After I search and dial I would like for takephone to automatically clear my search when I hang up. It's a little annoying to have to manually clear the search then start another search or call. Is this possible?
    07-08-2010 05:47 PM
    Maybe I'm missing a setting, but I'm hoping to do the following: After I search and dial I would like for takephone to automatically clear my search when I hang up. It's a little annoying to have to manually clear the search then start another search or call. Is this possible?
    When you return to aTAKEphONE, you should see the last search, but in (...).

This means you can just start typing a new search/number - the previous one will automatically be erased.
    07-08-2010 05:54 PM
    Hi all,

Just updated aTAKEphONE to version 1.24:

** New **
    - Fixes for X10 and OS 2.2.*
    - Hide keypad.
    - Numbers lookup.
    - Transparent skin.
    - Auto-remove missed call icon.
    - Landscape mode.
    - Handle 'x' in numbers.
    - More...

aTAKEphONE changes the way you use your phone - T9 smart search, Fast & easy favorites, call-log and a dial-by-photo !

All of these and more...*

You can get it at the Android Market, or download a full featured 30 days trial: http://www.shsh.com/products/tkphand124_003_shsh.apk

Thanks !*
    07-14-2010 08:35 AM
133 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD