aTAKEphONE released

Chillout

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I went to the website you linked in your post on page 1 to download the "try before you buy" version, directly to the phone.

I will try to find the "large thumbs" setting that zorro1 mentioned and get back to you.

Edit, this is the version I downloaded to my droid, tkphand121_001_shsh.apk

Chillout

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Update, I redownloaded the same version, installed it, and don't see any option to increase the display size of the buttons, icons, etc. All other apps I have installed all display normally.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok since coming over from MOTO Droid to HTC inc I don't like HTC dialer. I do how ever prefer the MOTO Droid dialer. The biggest feature I'm looking for is one that automatically adds numbers or contacts to a favorite tab. I see yours has this will it fill up with the numbers I dial? Thanks

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried this again last night and still the same thing. I don't know if it's just my phone, but the dialer is so small it's not practical for me. I don't have huge hands but I do have big hands, and that coupled with me not always wearing my glasses if I'm not at work is enough to not keep this one until a solution can be found either due to my phone or the app itself.

Dialer one still works great for me. :)

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
I tried this again last night and still the same thing. I don't know if it's just my phone, but the dialer is so small it's not practical for me. I don't have huge hands but I do have big hands, and that coupled with me not always wearing my glasses if I'm not at work is enough to not keep this one until a solution can be found either due to my phone or the app itself.

Dialer one still works great for me. :)

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot ?

TIA

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
The stock android dialer would save and update your favourites. And would auto move contacts depending on how many times you call or reciever a call so I call Joe 8 times mind 7 Ron3 so Joe would b first mind 2 Ron e I didn't have to mark any one my favorites I miss this feature with the HTC dialer.
make your contacts that you call a favorite in you gmail account then import them...very easy.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Update, I redownloaded the same version, installed it, and don't see any option to increase the display size of the buttons, icons, etc. All other apps I have installed all display normally.

Hi,

Would you be willing to test a build I will email you ?

I want to see if I solved this issue of display size.

If it's ok by you - send me an email at contact(at)shsh(dot)com

TIA

Shimon

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
sure, I'll drop you an email today.

oh, btw, this is the same person as Chillout, just had to make a new screen name cuz the old one got screwed up.

Thanks,

Last edited:

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
One feature that I would like to see is the option to automatically combine entries from the same contact on the call log.

Coming from BB, I was used to doing most of my calling from the call log screen and have been thwarted in those efforts on Android due to the unwieldy way it handles entries from the same contact.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
One feature that I would like to see is the option to automatically combine entries from the same contact on the call log.

Coming from BB, I was used to doing most of my calling from the call log screen and have been thwarted in those efforts on Android due to the unwieldy way it handles entries from the same contact.

Hi,

Not sure I understand wht you mean - do you want to be able to see all calls to/from the same contact (calls history) - that's already implemented.

Or do you mean merging all calls to/from a contact into one line in the general call log ?

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I just tried out a new build that the developer emailed me. It fixed my issue perfectly; the dialer and pictures are all proportionate now and look very nice. So far so good, thanks!!!!!

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting an Evo on Friday and will be trying out Takephone on the Andriod. I have it on my Palm Centro today, and have for about 3 years ;) One of , if not the Must-Have app on my Centro.

Since i can't get into the market until I get my phone, what is the price of the Android Version? If it's still $20 like the Palm, is there any sort of discount for us old Palm upgraders? :)

Also are there any 'core' features of the Palm app that didn't translate to the Android? Wondering if I'll be missing any features I've come to love. (I really hope the contact search/dial functionality is somehow built in, it was the reason I loved it so much.)

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi,

Welcome to the Android world.

1. Pricing is very different - $5 (currently discounted to $3).

2. Many of the features are there. Many of them will be added as the app evolves.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi,

Wanted everybody to know I just released an update to aTAKEphONE - the Android version of TAKEphONE).

*** New in 1.22 ***

- Automatically clears 'Missed call/s' notification.

- Added option (see application settings) to show a landscape keypad even when hardware keyboard is closed (for use in car cradles).

- Added option to show a 'Call' button at the bottom (on the current selected tab) to make calling easier (off by default, turn on in settings).

- Added option to move the 'BkSp' button down to the keypad to make using it easier (off by default, turn on in settings).

- Many more tweaks.

Price of app is discounted for 2 months - now only $3.

You can get a full-featured 30 days trial at ShSh Software

Thanks !

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
One more question..I tried out Takephone but honestly it's very similar to the HTC Sense dialer (has the searching which is my main focus) but Takephone has one feature I LOVE and wondered if any expansion would be done on it in the short term.

You used to call it the "Ibar" when it was released for Palm.. it's the photobar that allows 1 click dialing. Love it Love it Love it... in fact I want a 1x4 (or 1x3, 4x1 and 4x3) widget for my home screen. I rarely would use the dialer if I could find a way to add a scrollable bar of say 5 or 6 pictures at once in portrait mode (Huge Evo Screen so no need to stick to the 4 icons per row).

Are there any plans to add such a dialer bar widget feature either as part of Takephone or even seperately?

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
One more question..I tried out Takephone but honestly it's very similar to the HTC Sense dialer (has the searching which is my main focus) but Takephone has one feature I LOVE and wondered if any expansion would be done on it in the short term.

You used to call it the "Ibar" when it was released for Palm.. it's the photobar that allows 1 click dialing. Love it Love it Love it... in fact I want a 1x4 (or 1x3, 4x1 and 4x3) widget for my home screen. I rarely would use the dialer if I could find a way to add a scrollable bar of say 5 or 6 pictures at once in portrait mode (Huge Evo Screen so no need to stick to the 4 icons per row).

Are there any plans to add such a dialer bar widget feature either as part of Takephone or even seperately?

Will probably do it. It's on my list...

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Great! Can't wait for that widget.. even better if it's 'swipeable' :) I don't care if it's up/down or across, but I hate having to 'click' to move through panels.