aTAKEphONE released

ChrisLe#AC

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Nice. Like it much better than the stock dialer. One question: Is there any way to make aTAKEpHONE be the default dialer? For example, pressing the phone button would bring up aTAKEpHONE rather than the default dialer.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Nice. Like it much better than the stock dialer. One question: Is there any way to make aTAKEpHONE be the default dialer? For example, pressing the phone button would bring up aTAKEpHONE rather than the default dialer.

Hi,

Problem is in ome HTC devices, and in Android 2.2, the on screen PHONE button is HARD-CODED to launch the built-in app, so aTAKEphONE nor any other 3rd party app can't take over...

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi all,

Just released a new version of aTAKEphONE.

atp_manual_html_60a4e160.png

New :
- Transparent skins (show system wallpaper).
- Numbers lookup.
- Auto-remove missed calls icon.
- Landscape mode.
- Handle 'x' in numbers (automated extension calling).

You can get it at the android market, or at my own website (where you can also find a full featured 30 days trial).

Thanks.

Last edited:

bling300c

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Shimon,

Love the "x: in the numbers for the extention since all my contacts were formatted that way. I did start to convert them to the ";" that android uses. Does TP still recogonize the ; too?

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi all,

Just released a new version of aTAKEphONE - 1.23 (004)

atp_manual_html_60a4e160.png

New :
* Fix for Xperia X10 devices.
- Transparent skins (show system wallpaper).
- Numbers lookup.
- Auto-remove missed calls icon.
- Landscape mode.
- Handle 'x' in numbers (automated extension calling).

You can get it at the android market, or at my own website (where you can also find a full featured 30 days trial).

Thanks.

rsmalls

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing a setting, but I'm hoping to do the following: After I search and dial I would like for takephone to automatically clear my search when I hang up. It's a little annoying to have to manually clear the search then start another search or call. Is this possible?

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Maybe I'm missing a setting, but I'm hoping to do the following: After I search and dial I would like for takephone to automatically clear my search when I hang up. It's a little annoying to have to manually clear the search then start another search or call. Is this possible?

When you return to aTAKEphONE, you should see the last search, but in (...).

This means you can just start typing a new search/number - the previous one will automatically be erased.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi all,

Just updated aTAKEphONE to version 1.24:

atp_system_wallpaper.gif

** New **
- Fixes for X10 and OS 2.2.*
- Hide keypad.
- Numbers lookup.
- Transparent skin.
- Auto-remove missed call icon.
- Landscape mode.
- Handle 'x' in numbers.
- More...

aTAKEphONE changes the way you use your phone - T9 smart search, Fast & easy favorites, call-log and a dial-by-photo !

All of these and more...*

You can get it at the Android Market, or download a full featured 30 days trial: http://www.shsh.com/products/tkphand124_003_shsh.apk

Thanks !*

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Any feedback from users that have an HTC phone with Sense? Is it worth it to get if I don't make that many phone calls? Sense has a favorites widget. Is this better than that and worth the purchase?

And can I use it as a short cut to text message?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What I like about aTakephone is that it lets me search on fields other than name (company, in particular). So I can enter "IBM" and fine all my contacts who work at IBM, which can be handy if I don't remember someone's name.

What I don't like is that I can only use T9 to search, and not the full alpha keyboard, The developer is apparently working on that.

It also integrates your favorites, call log, contact directory and dialer in one compact app, which is handy.

Takephone was one of the most powerful apps on the old Palm OS phones. If Shimon continues to develop this, as he did the Palm version, it will become a killer app.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This might be a dumb question, then, but does this app have a widget or do I have to keep the app open and up front to use?

Does it aggregate Facebook contacts or any other social network like Sense?

I don't do much calling but I do a LOT of texting. Would it make sense for me to have this app do you think?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon