aTAKEphONE released

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
This might be a dumb question, then, but does this app have a widget or do I have to keep the app open and up front to use?

Does it aggregate Facebook contacts or any other social network like Sense?

I don't do much calling but I do a LOT of texting. Would it make sense for me to have this app do you think?

Widget will be coming soon.

Re. Facebook - contacts are synced via the built-in contacts mechanism, but I can't get access to photos.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi all,

Just released version 1.25 of aTAKEphONE - the Android version of Palms TAKEphONE.

atp_system_wallpaper.gif

This build fixes some issues reported by users.

You can get it at the Android Market, as well as my own website - ShSh Software
(a full featured 30 days free trial)

Thanks !

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Widget will be coming soon.

Re. Facebook - contacts are synced via the built-in contacts mechanism, but I can't get access to photos.

The built in Facebook handling on anything running Sense (like the EVO which I have) is terrible. Will this supercede that when you integrate the feature and just look for the login but pull in data on it's own?

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well I was posting suggestions in the OTHER big android site's forum, but it appears to be down and I wanted to share this.

I know ShSh is planning on adding some sort of Widget support , based on the I-bar already in aTakephone, but I recently found something that works very well as an alternative.

It's called UltimateFavesPro and can be found here:
UltimateFavesPRO
by Lior Gonnen
50,000 downloads, 1183 ratings (3.8 avg)
Free
rating8.png

Basically it's a desktop shortcut that opens up a widget-like Carousel to contain shortcuts to just about anything, including contacts. I don't know yet if you can program it to a specific contact's number, but the overall concept is exactly what I'd love to be built into aTakephone. (Though the argument could be made that if it exists already, why bother).

Also it's not a widget, with I think I'm actually OK with since it sort of behaves like one while only taking up 1x1 space on the homescreen. I'm just starting to play with it so there could be other issues, but it's a nice I-bar replacement for your home screen if set up properly. Check it out.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi all,

I have a new pre-release you can try at ShSh Software

Here is a screenshot of the new "white" skin:

atp_white_1.png

Changes from version 1.28:

- Improved search speed.
- Improved keypad responsiveness speed.
- Added "white" skin for daylight visability.
- Added a second setting for skin, so user can toggle between two skins right from the main menu.
- Added support for searching Hebrew and Russian. If you need other languages - email us.
- Changed keypad "blip" sound to a click sound (irritated users).
- Telephony - added option to replace '+' with a digit sequence.
- Entering '*' in search shows ALL contacts.
- Paste - appends from clipboard to existing number.
- Fixed call scheduling bug in new 2.2 devices.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi all - some news:

1. Released 1.34 at the market. Many new features.

2. Also released the long awaited widget - will bring i-Bar (dial by photo) and "last call" to your main screen.

atp_widget.png

Note: you have to have the latest version of aTAKEphONE (1.34) from the market to use this widget.

Any remarks/suggestions will be most welcome.

Thanks.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I was a long time Takephone user on Palm so I was really glad to see this thread. I like the app a lot so far but one issue is there is a long lag sometimes when launching Atakephon. Is there a way to address this?

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi, Welcome back.

I get reports on this lag thing, but strange thing is I can not recreate this...

Would you be willing to help me try and debug this on your device ?

if yes - email me at contact(at)shsh(dot)com

TIA

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Welcome back.

I get reports on this lag thing, but strange thing is I can not recreate this...

Would you be willing to help me try and debug this on your device ?

if yes - email me at contact(at)shsh(dot)com

TIA

Sure...glad to help out. Will email shortly.

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Loved your app from way-back (Treo days), and glad to see you here as well!
Regarding the widget: I am unable to scroll right-left to see all my photos/contacts. Also, the transparency has a bit of a "darkish" hue to it, it'll be nice to see a 100% transparency.
Thanks.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Been using the trial from the shsh.com site for the past fifteen or so days. Probably going to pull the trigger soon. Loved having takephone on my Kyocera 7135 and palm devices in general.

Shimon always has had awesome customer service!

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi all,

I got some reports about lags when launching aTAKEphONE, or when searching.

I cant seem to be able to recreate these.

All those willing to help me catch this -

Please install the attached utility (or point your browser to http://www.shsh.com/test/andlog.apk), then recreate the lag/crash in aTAKEphONE.

Then launch this utility, and email me the log - contact(at)shsh(dot)com

Thanks

Shimon

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
GV capable?

I just made a phone call and I normally use GV Dialer to get the choice to call with Google Voice or not. I didn't get the choice, so I'm wondering if this is possible.

bling300c

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
this is a function of GV not aTP. go into GV settings. Under General you will find "Making Calls". Open this up and change it to "Ask Every Time". If this does not work go into manage apps under the android settings and clear defaults for GV. I get the choice every time using aTP.

I just made a phone call and I normally use GV Dialer to get the choice to call with Google Voice or not. I didn't get the choice, so I'm wondering if this is possible.

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Shimon, the widget: I am unable to scroll right-left to see all my photos/contacts. Also, the transparency has a bit of a "darkish" hue to it, it'll be nice to see a 100% transparency.
Great work!